Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

WWYD Ranty long sorry

(17 Posts)
kathryng90 Mon 22-Dec-14 12:26:45

So this morning I turned up at my CM to drop my son(5yrs) off. House in darkness. I continued hammering on the door and she appeared in her dressing gown. She's off work today. I forgot the letter she gave me in the summer, the monthly mention of her holidays in newsletters, the email and the text and the fact I have not paid her for today.

I cried I have a very important meeting to go to and she relented and took my son if I would allow him to go with her family to the local Christmas attraction at a cost of £10. I agreed. But when I got to work I realised I would have to also pay her fee for the day (£25). This will leave me short for my Christmas do. I rang and explained this and asked that she go another day. She was very cross and we exchanged words. She has asked me to collect my son asap and given me one month notice of termination of contract. WWYD???

kathryng90 Mon 22-Dec-14 12:28:00

Obviously a reverse WWYD but this actually happened this morning to me and yes I have given notice to this parent. Happy Christmas!

LaurieFairyCake Mon 22-Dec-14 12:28:18

She's completely right

And this is so obviously a reverse

DearGirl Mon 22-Dec-14 12:32:45

So to sum up.

your childminder is unavailable to work (pre booked to do stuff with her family)

you forgot that you had no childcare despite the reminders

She gave up a day of her family time which I am guessing everyone was looking forward to on the onus she took your child

You then decide that she has to change her plans completely as you can't afford to pay her.

Basically she made plans for her day off and because you've screwed up, she's being punished for it.

Wwid - bloody apologise to my childminder for turning up on her annual leave, not leave my child there or if I did be extremely grateful that that was an option, then suck up the costs.

lem73 Mon 22-Dec-14 12:36:01

Is this post serious? You are so clearly out of order I don't know what you think you'll achieve by sharing this with others.

Littlefish Mon 22-Dec-14 12:36:47

Kathryn - you did absolutely the right thing in giving notice to this parent. Her behaviour was absolutely outrageous and disrespectful. You tried to help and agreed to take her child with you on your family day out, it yet again she took the piss and tried to get you to change your plans. Absoluteky ridiculous!

Hold firm and do not back down.

Littleturkish Mon 22-Dec-14 12:37:34

Outrageous!

You must be furious!

Jackie0 Mon 22-Dec-14 12:41:25

So its a reverse.
You did the right thing giving the parent notice, they were clearly taking the piss

lem73 Mon 22-Dec-14 12:42:47

Oh now I get it blush

almaradlu Mon 22-Dec-14 12:50:19

Bloody hell , the cheek of some people and I thought I had seen it all myself over the years.

I would not have been happy if any of my families did this to me and I would have also given notice.

You are well shot of her if she treats you like this

lem73 Mon 22-Dec-14 13:14:49

I feel sorry for the poor child caught in this although I know the childminder has handled it professionally.

HSMMaCM Mon 22-Dec-14 14:28:57

You did the right thing giving notice and were very generous to offer to take the child on your family Christmas outing.

Groovee Mon 22-Dec-14 14:36:29

You were very kind to take her child on your day off. Her finances are not your problem and giving notice is your prerogative.

I feel sorry for her son. Poor thing is stuck in the middle.

magpieginglebells Mon 22-Dec-14 14:44:00

Bloody hell. Some people have a cheek.

DearGirl Mon 22-Dec-14 16:10:32

Aah reverse post - yes god riddance smile

TheReluctantCountess Mon 22-Dec-14 16:14:02

Too right! That parent sounds like a pain in the arse. Poor kid.

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Tue 23-Dec-14 06:14:34

I would have been so grateful although husband or I would have sorted n been motified we forgot but would never have happened!!

Anyway she should have been so grateful n paid up front n for day out n given extras for treats for children n come back with some choc n wine for your kindness.you have done right thing n hopefully your kindness in the future won't be thrown back in your face.

Hope you had a good day out n have a great Xmas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now