Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Work grievance

(13 Posts)
undecidednanny Sun 21-Dec-14 14:46:25

I'm a little upset about something at work which I don't want to go into here and raised part of it with employer on Friday but do not feel I explained myself well and got abit upset which I don't think they understood as I didn't explain fully.

I'm now not back until the new year so will have to leave until then but wondering the best way to bring up. I'm really upset about something they said and feel I don't want to go back at the moment but know I have to bring it up again

DearGirl Sun 21-Dec-14 14:56:51

If I have problems at work {I am a nanny} - I tend to email my bosses so I can get it straight in my head and then we sit down afterwards to discuss it.

Can you write down whats bothering you, and what you would like the outcome to be/what you would like your bosses to say/do?

Drop me a message if you want to talk it over.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 21-Dec-14 15:04:19

Agree email then you can get words out right for what you want to say

Must be something extreme if you are thinking you don't want to be there

Say nothing and it will fester

Without knowing the situation it's a bit hard to know if you over reacted or if they are being ott about something

Mess me if you want an unbiased confidental opinion

undecidednanny Sun 21-Dec-14 15:26:34

Thanks for your replies. I think I will email as really feel it needs to be sorted out. I think I mightbtext tomorrow to apologise for not explaining myself properly on Friday and ask if I can email as I would like it all sorted out and do not want to worry over christmas. Does that sound ok or should I wait until the new year?

jendot2 Sun 21-Dec-14 15:56:27

I agree, sit down and do an email. Apologise for not explaining properly and thought it would be easier to explain by email. I would get someone to proof read it before sending.

OutragedFromLeeds Sun 21-Dec-14 17:29:01

I agree with everyone else, send an email. I'd do it before Christmas, best to get it sorted asap.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 21-Dec-14 18:01:01

i wouldnt text to ask to email as they may turn round and say dont worry no need to email and you will then possibly feel grieved as cant explain properly

or

do the email, send them a text saying you have sent them an email straight away and could they read it

or

how long will email be, can you not just texted how you feel or will it be a long reply?

undecidednanny Sun 21-Dec-14 18:31:08

I guess because despite how I'm feeling it's not their fault that I didn't explain properly and it is the holidays now so don't want to force the issue on them. I will be upset if they say not to send and will think definitely can't be resolved but do want to give some warning

wewishyou Sun 21-Dec-14 19:14:00

I think texting about itis a horrible idea wink

Just send an email, it's out of your chest and they read it when they have time.

But are you sure that you want to talk about it? I often feel upset with what the mother says at my work, but I often realise that she is just jaleous of the time I spend with her child, so I just go home, breathe/cry/ rant about it but forget about it, or I would have something to complain about every week.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 21-Dec-14 20:02:02

how was the situation left at work after you discussed it? did they say they would discuss again? or more forget/sweep under the carpet and carry on as normal

Viviennemary Sun 21-Dec-14 20:06:17

If you don't want to worry over Christmas I agree with sending an e-mail saying something like sorry if I didn't explain properly on Friday exactly what the problem was. But just to clarify this was what I meant....................................... Then sign off with something like Happy Christmas. But think carefully before you send the e-mail and don't send it if you think it might make things worse.

LightTripper Mon 22-Dec-14 15:28:51

I am a nanny employer and if it was me I would much rather you emailed than text or let it fester.

Just say sorry to bother them in Hols but you don't feel you explained yourself properly on Friday and you didn't want any misunderstanding to linger over the holidays. Wish them a merry Christmas at the end.

In the end they are employers, and it's the employer's job to listen when employees are unhappy. If it's not a good time when they first see the email they can always come back to it later. Don't feel guilty!!

Otherwise it will eat away at you and make things worse.

Hopefully then you will be able to relax a bit having expressed yourself as you wanted!

undecidednanny Tue 23-Dec-14 20:17:38

Thanks everyone - I spoke to a friend yesterday and although will need to raise I'm feeling better and will write an email and speak to them in the new year

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now