Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Gifts for charges parents?

(12 Posts)
PixieofCatan Sat 20-Dec-14 11:35:03

I'm having a minor panic now. I am dropping my charges Christmas gifts off tomorrow before I head home for the holidays and am making some truffles for the parents/family, is that enough? I feel really cheap as they're so generous and lovely but equally, I can't really think of anything else to do? Photo in a frame won't work as she's just recently printed a load of photos and sorted the frames out!

twentyten Sat 20-Dec-14 11:35:58

Sounds lovely. Don't panic!

PixieofCatan Sat 20-Dec-14 12:04:59

Okay, that's good!

DearGirl Sat 20-Dec-14 12:07:08

I did a photo calendar - with a voucher for a free nights babysitting, and then got some small boxes of chocolates.

PixieofCatan Sat 20-Dec-14 12:11:52

Boss has made up her own photo calendars, it's a big thing for her and she loves doing it so I didn't want to usurp that idea! I thought of doing mugs but they don't 'do' proper builder mugs so I knew that if I did them they just wouldn't get used. I don't have many photos of the older kids either, and the few of the toddler I have are old phone photos so not great quality. I'm not good at taking a camera out with me when we're out and about!

OutragedFromLeeds Sat 20-Dec-14 13:32:24

I never get presents for the parents, only the children. I don't think the parents want/expect anything.

Callaird Sat 20-Dec-14 14:29:18

I never buy for the parents either. They drink fancy wine that I can't afford and have no idea what is nice if its not a £7 bottle of wine Grenache!! They don't really eat chocolate or sweets and buy whatever they want!

So I make ornaments and photo Christmas cards from my charge. Doesn't cost much but bosses love them. I also make for grandparents if I see a lot of them.

Above is this years offering.

PixieofCatan Sat 20-Dec-14 21:22:30

Callaird mine are the same, they have expensive wine tastes and can afford anything and everything they want and tend to get it if it's something they really want, iyswim? They aren't too materialistic, which makes it difficult to think about gifts for them! I do try to make something for my bosses usually, usually a homemade sweet as I tend to make them for my family and making extra never hurts, but I think part of my thought process this year is that I know that they would have spent a decent bit of money and a lot of thought on a gift for me, so I want to give them something small to let them know that I appreciate them being such brilliant employers.

PixieofCatan Sat 20-Dec-14 21:26:30

Sorry, posted too soon! I love the santa hand grin I intended to do something like that with my charges but we changed around some days last minute which left me without the afternoon I had planned to do it all sad I got to make a gingerbread house instead though so I wasn't too fussed grin

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 21-Dec-14 01:09:31

I give parents gifts from dc or in this case DT

this year have done handprints on baubles and handprint rhymne and reindeer cards

Hope to hell mb isn't on here or will ruin the surprise

Tapestry12 Sun 21-Dec-14 08:53:08

I give gift to charges and token to parents. I try to buy relevant and meaningful token-gifts. Gave LO a Little Tikes shopping trolley as he's at the stage for pushing trolleys and pushchairs around. LO keeps playing with pegs in laundry room and breaking them! So have bought Lakeland pegs for MB, as less likely to break (and I prefer them!). Threw DB's mug away few months ago so bought him replacement. These are tokens with a little humour.
Love the reindeer feet and bauble handprint Blondes. Will have a go tomorrow. I mean LO not me !

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 21-Dec-14 09:59:50

Haha tapestry. Tbh they look fab and think mb and fb will love them and hopefully keep them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now