Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Christmas present.

(8 Posts)
WanderingTrolley1 Sat 29-Nov-14 21:24:59

Do you buy your CM one?

I want to get her (and husband a little something, but don't know what's appropriate.

Thanks for any responses.

HSMMaCM Sat 29-Nov-14 21:50:06

Bottle of wine? Biscuits? Chocolates? A sincere thank you letter?

LuckyLopez Sat 29-Nov-14 21:52:15

I'll copy and paste my answer from the other one.

Childminder here-

Restaurant vouchers are good, also I like getting my nails done so I sometimes get nail bar vouchers. Chocolate, wine, cinema vouchers, costume jewellery, vase, candles are all lovely presents I've had.

Whatever you do don't give a photo of your child in a frame. We take hundreds every day!!

Lucylouby Sun 30-Nov-14 20:25:12

Chocolates, wine, candles, biscuits, the restaurant or cinema vouchers is a good idea too.
Do you know, not so much a present, but I would love if a parent bought me a pad of paper, felt pens and some glue. I get through arm fulls of the stuff and it would show me you appreciate my craft efforts.

SarahCraine Mon 01-Dec-14 05:43:03

Restaurant or cinema vouchers are on top of my personal list. You can also add a little jewelry, a bottle of wine, or set of books.

mindingalongtime Thu 04-Dec-14 13:23:29

A lovely card is all that is needed with a few choice words. I recycle all the wine, candles and chocolates to my mother for her WI tombola stall as I hate chocolates and have hundreds of candles given to me. The wine is always not what I would choose or it is Prosecco which I find vile.

Please don't think me ungrateful but I would rather my families saved their money than hastily stick another bottle in a gift bag.

I carefully choose and wrap gifts for each child as it gives me pleasure, I don't expect anything in return, after all I am paid.

The best have been an Afternoon Tea voucher at a posh hotel and a voucher for a massage, bliss!

Nicadooby Fri 05-Dec-14 13:38:41

Do you know what I love the most is being told how much they appreciate what I do for them. Chocs always go down well too x

AdorableAbbie Sun 07-Dec-14 11:43:50

A treat for both of them, bonding time for family...
but if you don't want, give him a pair of shoes, a shirt, a wine, etc.
for your kid a toy he/she wants.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now