Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Homecare and 2 year old funding

(3 Posts)
Mazzyanne Fri 28-Nov-14 19:15:43

Hi, I wonder if someone might know anything about Homecare and whether you can use 2 year old funding for this? I know I can use it for an ofsted registered childminder but my little one is really unhappy if I try and leave him, so I was hoping to come up with a solution (maybe temporary) to provide him with different experience and give me a bit of a break. Maybe I just need to wait and try a childminder again when he might be ready. Unfortunately we can't afford to do this without funding. Thanks in advance :-)

nannynick Fri 28-Nov-14 21:43:00

Could you provide some info about what you mean by Homecare? There seem to be several things - don't think it's the British Gas one. May be the NHS one but that seems to be helping elderly/disabled. Perhaps you mean employing a nanny (known as a Home Childcarer in Ofsted/LA speak)?

2 year old funding provider guide (in this case from east riding council) says the provider must be rated Good or Outstanding.

Providers who provide care in the child's own home do not get any rating at all, so I would doubt that the funding could be used.

The funding amount I would expect would not be sufficient for 1:1 care. It may not even cover 1/2 the cost, as looking at some documents the amount seems to be around £5 an hour - it varies between authorities.

I would suggest you contact your local Family Information Service, often run by the council, and ask them about other providers in your area who are able to take children on the 2 year old funding. You may find there is a local creche/pre-school/small nursery in your area which could help.

Iggly Fri 28-Nov-14 21:44:21

If you don't need this childcare then I'd not bother until he is older or find a new childminder.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now