Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Looking for a nanny/mother's help for saturday only - where do I look?

(8 Posts)
tiggersreturn Wed 26-Nov-14 10:27:29

One of my children has been diagnosed with a chronic condition which is putting a lot of stress on all of us. I work FT and have various childcare arrangements for the week but by the time we get to the w/end both dh and I are completely shattered and then have to deal with our 3ds who are all reacting to our new situation in various ways.

I am looking for a fun, active girl or guy to come and look after them either while I'm in the house or to give me the space to take out 1 or 2 of them and leave one who doesn't want to come at home. We tend to spend Saturday as a family day so it would be a mixture of sole care, shared care, some tidying up etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions of the best place to advertise for someone to fill this sort of need?

nannynick Wed 26-Nov-14 12:22:53

Local newsagents, corner shop, see if they have a classifieds board.
Local college/student union - do they have an oncampus job centre?
Local gumtree jobs board.

tiggersreturn Wed 26-Nov-14 15:38:31

thanks for the ideas

Heebiejeebie Sat 29-Nov-14 11:37:13

Local nurseries?

FishWithABicycle Sat 29-Nov-14 11:42:23

Contact the course tutor of your nearest college offering childcare qualifications - they will have plenty of students trying to find ways to build up their experience in times that fit around their studies.

northernlurker Sat 29-Nov-14 11:43:14

That's actually a perfect job for a responsible teenager. Great Saturday job. Do you have friends with teens? My dd babysits for a friend who works every Saturday. Friend asked on facebook if anybody knew any Saturday babysitters and I suggested dd.

tiggersreturn Sat 29-Nov-14 21:03:32

Thanks those are really good ideas.

WellTidy Wed 03-Dec-14 09:40:22

I woudl second what Fish said. Also contact local day nurseries to see if any staff members are looking for extra hours. Some of them won't be working full time, or may need their salaries topping up, so would appreciate the extra hours. It sounds like a good job too, and excellent experience for someone either already working in childcare, or looking to work in childcare in the future, to have experience of caring for children within a home enviornment. Good for the CV.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now