Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Change in nanny holiday entitlement?

(6 Posts)
ZebraCrossing007 Tue 25-Nov-14 14:44:02

I'm a nanny employer. We currently employ a lovely nanny and we're talking to her about decreasing her hours next year (mutually agreed already, she wants less hours and we want our little one to start at nursery). She currently works a FT week of 50 hours with us Mon - Fri and has a holiday entitlement of 30 days plus bank holidays.
If for example she decreases her hours to 25 per week but still works Mon - Fri, can I decrease her holiday entitlement and how do I work it out? Is it a straight forward half as she's only working half the time?
Will get advice from our nanny tax company but thought I'd ask on here first in case anyone has experience of this.
thanks!

CantBeBotheredThinking Tue 25-Nov-14 14:45:54

You would still need to offer the same number of days but the hours you would need to pay for each day could be halved.

OhReallyDear Tue 25-Nov-14 14:52:25

You don't decrease the holiday entitlement, it's the same. 5.6 weeks per year, but it is pro rata. So if she works 5 days a week, five hours a day, she is entitled to 5.6 weeks of holiday per year. (But technically each day of paid holiday will be paid less as it will be 5 hours instead of 10)

Callaird Tue 25-Nov-14 14:53:53

If she works 5 hours a day 5 days a week, she still gets 28.6 days holiday, just shorter days.

Will your child go to nursery full time? Including holidays? If not and your nanny has him during the holidays then it is much more complicated and I'm ill and can't work it out right now!

ZebraCrossing007 Tue 25-Nov-14 14:54:04

Great thanks. That makes sense!

Callaird Tue 25-Nov-14 14:54:38

28 days, not 28.6!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now