Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

anyone studying for early years degree?

(6 Posts)
LittleMilla Fri 21-Nov-14 21:22:53

our nanny started hers in sept and is really struggling to manage the children and her workload.

we had a chat yesterday and asked her to have a think because it's not really working. she's stressed, things are slipping and I'm just not happy really.

I love her to bits but worried she's going to say she wants to go down to 2 days which isn't enough.

can anyone let me know how they fared? thanks

trulymadlyme Fri 21-Nov-14 21:27:52

I did mine a couple of years ago. I work full time and have three teenagers and a house to run ( I do have a very supportive husband though!). I did it with the open university and it was do-able but stressfull at assignment submission time and you really need to be organised which I am not. Well worth the effort though.

HSMMaCM Fri 21-Nov-14 23:40:08

I did it with Ou working 50 hours a week, but I did it over 6 years and some people on my course did it over 3. It's hard, but worth it.

LittleMilla Sat 22-Nov-14 09:20:33

thanks both. she's dyslexic and doing it in 3 years. hmmm

NannyNim Sat 22-Nov-14 22:56:33

I did my final year part-time spread over 2yrs while working 48hrs. As PPs have said, it can be hard, particularly aroind deadlines but if you plan ahead and do it little and often it's manageable!

My employers were really supportive and if child was asleep/at nursery and I had finished whatever I was they had asked me to do I was free to study!

LittleMilla Sun 23-Nov-14 08:45:06

that's the thing nib, we are very supportive but she's not doing anything aside from study once the boys are asleep. so house is often a tip and all of the lovely extras you pay for with a nanny (odd meal, washing boys' clothes etc) has dropped off. but I know she's just so stressed trying to fit it all in.

other mum of the share has suggested she view the lunchtime as 'bonus time'. ie if everything else is done then you can still get some work done. rather than viewing it as study time.

I feel harsh as it's not like she's neglecting stuff to watch Jeremy kyle. just feel like we're second to her course, which isn't cool.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now