Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Name change

(23 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Wed 19-Nov-14 17:18:12

Silly post smile

But when did this change to childcare options and not childminders /nannies etc?

Just wondering smile

FlorenceMattell Wed 19-Nov-14 17:23:28

Iv just wondered that too. Must be recently. Don't think it is the right title to be honest.

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 19-Nov-14 17:25:24

Not just me then

It's looks weird

What was wrong with cm/nannies etc

MissMooMoo Wed 19-Nov-14 17:30:48

it changed for me today!
I agree it sounds strange

Thebodynowchillingsothere Wed 19-Nov-14 17:31:59

Glad you posted that. I have just started a new thread and hate this layout.

My mates are childminders and we need our own place to support each other.

Of course others can post but would really appreciate space for child care providers for providers.

Please read my thread now and help grin

Thebodynowchillingsothere Wed 19-Nov-14 17:34:21

Fuck it am going to petition mumsnet for a child care providers section.

Anyone else?

FlorenceMattell Wed 19-Nov-14 17:36:39

I wonder if it is to stop people posting adverts for jobs. There seems to have been a few lately. But agree support page for nannies and child minders was nice but maybe we need to go to forums on nanny sites now.

FlorenceMattell Wed 19-Nov-14 17:37:12

Wish we could like on here, agree Thebody

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 19-Nov-14 17:42:03

I am on many forums for nannies but like the bluntness of mn smile

Body - I know nothing of ofsted. Hope you get it sorted flowers

LuckyLopez Wed 19-Nov-14 17:45:26

Yes 'providers chat ' would be good and incorporate nurseries and nanny shares into childcare options so there isn't too many sub catergories.

Tapestry12 Wed 19-Nov-14 18:14:03

Think name change is odd. I would like to go on nanny forums please tell me some.

HSMMaCM Wed 19-Nov-14 18:19:20

I'd like providers too. I always wonder why ore schools are in education and nurseries and CMs arent. We all do EYFS and it bugs me.

nannynick Wed 19-Nov-14 21:15:35

Today, my bookmark on mobile worked this morning. Bookmark on laptop failed this evening.

The topics are now:
Childcare Options
Nurseries
Nanny Shares

Why is Nanny Shares still there? That's just an ad board isn't it? Discussion about nanny shares tends to be on here.

Nursery is a childcare option, so why a separate board for that?

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 19-Nov-14 21:20:06

Excalty Nick. They have a board for jobs or shares

And seperate for nursery

Where as old board was for cm nannies and nursery - and if parents wasn't sure on all 3 we could give advise to what one suites that op best

Silly mnhq to change something that worked fine anyway hmm

tapesty there is nanny jobs forum tho don't go on that that much anymore

But also on a few nanny sites on Fb smile

nannynick Wed 19-Nov-14 22:03:23

MNHQ have commented here but NightShift is on, so full statement will be tomorrow.

~~~
We have changed some of the topic titles so that they fit more easily onto small screens - substantially more than 50% of our traffic is now on mobile so it makes sense.
~~~

Tech is supposedly working on redirects... good idea there as surely Google (other search engines are available) will want to know where things have moved.

OutragedFromLeeds Wed 19-Nov-14 23:18:23

Childcare Options is a rubbish choice though. Childcare queries or Childcare questions would be better. Or nannies/childminders (the au pair people would still find their way here).

Are nurseries and nanny-shares not childcare options confused?

If nanny-share and nurseries get their own topic then maybe there should be three topics 'Nannies', 'Childminders', 'Au Pairs'. That might actually help people understand that they are three separate jobs and not interchangeable terms.

Greenfizzywater Wed 19-Nov-14 23:33:13

I find the view of nannies/CMs/au pairs really valuable. If they want a short title why not just "childcare" and make it one forum for everything?

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 20-Nov-14 10:14:09

Childcare would make more sense fizzy

To have 2 or 3 sub headings will mean many posts won't get read. I Prob won't rem to then look at nanny shares and nursery as well

Combine the back again please mnhq smile

OutragedFromLeeds Thu 20-Nov-14 10:52:00

Home childcare?

I think that's slightly better...

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 20-Nov-14 11:28:23

They've changed it to home childcare

Guess that's kinda better. It's is childcare in a home. Just depends if cm or child's home

OhReallyDear Thu 20-Nov-14 12:36:48

I find it worse grin

HSMMaCM Thu 20-Nov-14 14:13:20

Just changed all my shortcuts and it's changed again! Our local childrens centre call the CMs and nannies childcare professionals. I like that grin

Messygirl Thu 20-Nov-14 20:20:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now