Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Looking for Live-in Nanny/Housekeeper in Wimbledon area

(6 Posts)
motheroffinn Wed 19-Nov-14 11:25:38

Hi all, our lovely nanny has just handed in her notice to go back to her home-country to look after her very unwell mother. We now have 3 weeks to find a replacement to help look after our 2 and a half year old son and ultimately a newborn due in March. My husband and I both have busy jobs and so we also would like someone who can help keep our lives/home in order. I posted on Gumtree but am only getting very young and inexperienced applicants. Does anyone have any advice or know of anyone looking who might be interested/ they could recommend?
Any/all advice welcome.
Thanks.

FlorenceMattell Wed 19-Nov-14 17:39:07

Childcare UK is very good most nannies look on there is they are job hunting.

motheroffinn Thu 20-Nov-14 21:07:04

Thanks Florence. Great advice. Duly posted!

If anyone knows anyone good who is looking/ they could recommend...!?

nannynoss Fri 21-Nov-14 12:30:28

Also try nannyjob.co.uk. I personally never use childcare.co.uk - it hasn't worked very well for me in the past. So not all nannies will be on there.

I am in your area but unfortunately the few nannies I know who are looking for work, are looking for live-out. I do know one, but I think she may have found a new job already. I will check and PM you if she's still looking.

I found my live-in job on this board though, so you may be lucky!

motheroffinn Fri 21-Nov-14 13:10:33

Thank you Nanny Noss. We would really appreciate that. I think at first we would prefer to look for live-in but we could be flexible for the right someone. The key is that we want someone reliable and kind who can commit longtermto becoming a member of our family!

nannynoss Fri 21-Nov-14 13:15:06

I have just asked my friend looking for live-in, and she has found a new job - sorry about that.
Have you also tried the Facebook page SW18 childminders and nannies, and also SW18 mums. Might be worth a go.
Stick with Gumtree though too, you do have to whittle through a lot of unsuitable people, but I have found jobs on their previously.
Does your current nanny know other nannies she could spread the word to? Having a job recommended by a nanny goes a long way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now