Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Advice on holiday nanny

(7 Posts)
tiggersreturn Tue 18-Nov-14 20:07:12

I'm looking to get a nanny to cover some of the days my usual nanny is away (about 6 working days). Do I need to set them up as an employee with my payroll company or is there a simpler way to do this? I'm employing the nanny directly not through a company.

Thanks in advance!

eeyore12 Tue 18-Nov-14 20:48:52

Yep you should get your payroll company to sort their wages. You need to get them to fill in a p46 the pay roll company will give you one. That's what happened when I temped for two weeks for a family while their nanny was away

eeyore12 Tue 18-Nov-14 20:49:39

Although if they temp a lot you may find they are self employed and sort their own tax and ni payments so you just pay them the gross amount and that's it.

OhReallyDear Tue 18-Nov-14 22:16:10

Temp nanny is one of those cases where the nanny can be self employed, i would go that way, it's the easiest.

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 18-Nov-14 22:26:01

It's likely she was be se as I am ( a temp /night nanny)

tiggersreturn Wed 26-Nov-14 09:18:43

Thanks. She's just coming out of a 2 year job and this will be a tide over until she finds another longer term one. So I don't think she will qualify as SE.

eeyore12 Wed 26-Nov-14 09:41:38

Nope that is exactly what i did when I temped for two weeks it was a between job thing so as I say just get your payroll company to send you a p46 and ask the nanny to fill it in and the payroll company will do the rest for you, like they do with your current nanny.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: