Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

fed up of lazy mothers!

(78 Posts)
nanny2003 Tue 18-Nov-14 15:09:26

I work as a nanny and I'm so fed up of lazy mothers who want me to do all their stuff and can't be bothered with their kids! In the last 3 years, I've worked for 4 families with mums that didn't work, stayed home and ignored their babies! The babies would cry when they saw mum, but the mums never picked them up, never took their child out, never bathed their own child. Nothing! I even know parents with 4 month old babies in full time nursery whilst the mum stays at home! Its a bloody joke and I'm fed up of these lazy mares, why have kids if you can't be bothered??

ElphabaTheGreen Tue 18-Nov-14 15:12:12

That's an interesting first post OP...hmm

CantBeBotheredThinking Tue 18-Nov-14 15:14:16

keeps you in a job.

nanny2003 Tue 18-Nov-14 15:15:04

I can see that this looks like a wind up but unfortunately it's completely true and more common than you'd think.

LittleBearPad Tue 18-Nov-14 15:15:09

And you're a nanny because...

ElphabaTheGreen Tue 18-Nov-14 15:18:05

Have you heard of PND? Not crossed your mind that that could be a possible explanation or are you a medically qualified mind reader as well?

nanny2003 Tue 18-Nov-14 15:19:15

I'm a nanny because I love children, but I always take on the job being told that the mum is "about to go back to work" and it just doesn't happen.. they just linger around and nap and linger so the children see them and get upset (making my job harder) but then don't give them any attention. Be there and help or get out the way! Sorry to rant but I've just had a rubbish week with my current family and the constant laziness and demands of the mum whilst she does nothing at all. I shouldn't have to wash her dishes, should I?

Just because I am a nanny you're all being horrible. I'm not sub human, you know, i went into this job because I love children and I'm an excellent nanny.

nanny2003 Tue 18-Nov-14 15:20:53

oh so by coincidence every mum i've worked for has PND? I know it's common but we're not just talking about the parents of young babies, I'm talking about parents with older children too who can't be bothered to do anything. Trust me, I'm very sensitive to depression as I've been there myself.

HSMMaCM Tue 18-Nov-14 15:21:50

You shouldn't have to wash the mums dishes, but if she was going to do all the childcare herself she wouldn't need you.

LittleBearPad Tue 18-Nov-14 15:22:11

So go and work for a family where the mother already is back at work. i presume you won't be picky about the job she's allowed to do?

LaurieFairyCake Tue 18-Nov-14 15:23:12

It's none of your business why they don't work, just focus on your job.

Have a chat about mum not being available and her staying out of the way as she's busy, with her. Don't do extra chores if they're not agreed, why cant you negotiate or chat about these very common boundaries if 'you're such a good nanny' ?

nanny2003 Tue 18-Nov-14 15:24:14

I've tried to find jobs where the mum works and so far I've only found 1 but sadly they moved to South Africa a year later. I'm always told that the mum works and it's never the case. Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have children because I they can't manage, fact. I have an interview next week for another job, so I am moving on.

LaurieFairyCake Tue 18-Nov-14 15:26:13

They can manage, they hired a nanny to help hmm

That is managing

nanny2003 Tue 18-Nov-14 15:26:28

LaurieFairyCakes I've tried talking about this and it falls on deaf ears. I don't do extra chores but she'll sit in the living room all the time and I've said about not being around too much if she can help it but it's a small house. Also, I manage to get most of my chores done and tidying up whilst the baby naps, so I go to sit on the sofa for a break and it's really awkward because the mum is also sitting there and gets all huffy and makes up work for me to do..

nanny2003 Tue 18-Nov-14 15:27:35

I'm talking about managing their own stuff! Their house is like a pigsty, they don't do any of their dishes or ever clean anything. 3 sets of cleaners have failed to turn up because it's so disgusting and there is stuff everywhere, making it impossible to clean.

LaurieFairyCake Tue 18-Nov-14 15:28:04

You should post on here for work, they'll be queuing up.

A massive inundation will occur.

Clamouring and everything.

Bonuses and Mulberry bags abound.

Seriously.

ElphabaTheGreen Tue 18-Nov-14 15:29:26

Just make sure you specify that you don't want parents sitting on their own sofas as you find it 'awkward'.

WorraLiberty Tue 18-Nov-14 15:29:49

Are you Mary Poppins?

hesterton Tue 18-Nov-14 15:30:50

It sounds as if you've been incredibly unlucky.

nanny2003 Tue 18-Nov-14 15:31:14

ok so if someone posted on here and said their manager at work made a disgusting mess everyday and never cleared it up (or hire cleaners to do so) and expected them to do extra jobs that aren't in their contract, and lingered around never doing anything themselves but just constantly making unreasonable demands, would you not agree that that isn't fair?

LaurieFairyCake Tue 18-Nov-14 15:32:20

I already said you had to talk about it with them and about what your job description entails

WorraLiberty Tue 18-Nov-14 15:32:35

Yes I'd agree it wasn't fair.

Then I'd ask why they're mithering on an internet forum instead of sorting it out.

bauhausfan Tue 18-Nov-14 15:32:50

You're all being very unfair. If the mums are rejecting their own children and not even wanting to pick them up, then of course the nanny is going to be upset. If you were there, you'd feel uncomfortable too.

LittleBearPad Tue 18-Nov-14 15:33:31

It actually sounds as though your current employer does have PND or isn't very well if things are as chaotic as you suggest.

Regardless of this how dare she sit on her sofa, the lazy cow. She's interrupting your relaxation time...

Smartleatherbag Tue 18-Nov-14 15:34:51

No one is having a go at you because you are a nanny!
Your opening post comes across as a massive generalisation and rather rude.
Perhaps of you re posted in a calm way you'd get better responses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now