Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Cost of childcare at weekends in Central London

(7 Posts)
Wallina Fri 14-Nov-14 16:34:31

Hi - does anyone know broadly what the current hourly cost of childcare is in Central London at the weekends? I am interested both in what a nanny and a childminder would charge per hour. If anyone has an insight into what agencies would charge too that would be great. The context is shift working - during the day, or afternoon and evening, on Saturday and/or Sunday and having to put childcare for a one year old in place to cover these shifts. Thank you!

bellbottomedtear Fri 14-Nov-14 17:12:55

Not many childminders will do weekends if they do I would think you could be looking at £8-10 an hour in central London. Again I would say at least £10 not included tax or ni for a nanny as you would have to pay that for a nanny as you employ them. The only thing to do to get exact fees for a cm would be to contact the ones in your local area and ask. For a nanny fee contact agencies and ask them a few to try like minders, apple jacks

EldonAve Fri 14-Nov-14 17:20:41

www.sitters.co.uk/cost.aspx

PaulaAtMummyKnowsBest Fri 14-Nov-14 18:51:36

When I worked as a weekend nanny I got paid £12 net per hour

malovitt Fri 14-Nov-14 20:41:05

I am a cm in central London and charge £10 per hour at the weekends. I already look after a child (on an ad-hoc basis) whose parents work occasional weekend shifts.

Callaird Sat 15-Nov-14 16:23:06

I'm a nanny and charge £15 net per hour at weekends. Usually just for my current or ex-employers. I work a long week, I don't particularly want to work weekends so when I do, I want to make it worth giving up my time off.

However, some nannies may need extra money for holiday/wedding/bills etc and may need extra work so might work cheaper. As a nanny employer, you set the amount that you can afford. Just remember to offer what you can afford as a gross amount as the nanny will probably have another job during the week.

Forresitters1 Sat 15-Nov-14 16:55:49

Depending on they type of Childcarer you require for babysitting - I think you should expect to pay anything between £6-£12ph with the lower amount being paid to someone who has little or no experience and is just starting out in childcare perhaps.
I'm a qualified nanny/childminder and I charge between £8.50-£12.50 for babysitting depending on the distance and number of children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now