Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Taking child to and from nursery

(6 Posts)
Rachela88 Tue 11-Nov-14 14:54:17

Hi I was looking for a bit of advice,I won't go into to much detail but I didn't know if child minders would consider taking my daughter to and from nursery a couple of days a week,I don't require any other help just this,I didn't know if any one else had done this? Many thanks

LuckyLopez Tue 11-Nov-14 14:58:58

Tbh I wouldn't unless it was already on my way and well paid. If affects ratios you see so often not worth blocking a space just to give another business (your nursery) your custom.

You won't know unless you ask your local CMs though.

WeAreEternal Tue 11-Nov-14 15:12:38

At DS's school there are a pair of ladies that do the school run for other parents, they call themselves the school run sitters, they work together and each do a side of the town, I think they are pretty popular as they have recently been advertising for someone new to join them.
They charge £5 per school run and providing they have a space they will pick up with very little notice on a morning/afternoon, which is a godsend if you are unwell or have an emergancy.

There might be someone like this in your area?
Or you could advertise locally and maybe another parent at the nursery will be able to help for a bit of petrol money.

TallulahTwinkletoes Tue 11-Nov-14 15:20:43

That's a bloody good idea weareeternal!

My CM takes DD to pre school BUT she did have her full time before so they bonded etc and I pay half rate while she's at preschool.

erin99 Tue 11-Nov-14 23:10:28

You might have more luck with the nursery staff - possibly one might be able to take her in with them for some extra money. Ours do babysitting regularly, which I know is not the same, but I don't think it would hurt to ask.

Don't know if the legal position would be different with it being a regular and frequent thing.

Spindelina Fri 14-Nov-14 17:14:47

You don't need to be registered as a childminder if you look after any particular child for less than two hours a day (here).

So you might find a friend / neighbour / similar who might want to do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now