Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

how much info

(7 Posts)
worriedmummy32 Sat 08-Nov-14 22:50:23

My DS has recently started with a CM, as he is still settling in the CM gives me updates over the phone or text usually once in the day, (how much eaten, has he napped is he happy etc), but I don't get much information on what he actually did during the day - I get the general idea with school runs but I wouldn't know what special outings or activities they have done unless I ask at pick up, I'm not sure if I should ask, as this is my first experience with a CM should I expect this, or is it normal not to get more information??

Velvetbee Sat 08-Nov-14 23:12:02

I used to write a diary for my mindees, with food, loo habits, trips, quirky things said, activities, new friends met...
It was in the contract ( and I enjoyed it). Could you ask your CM if she would do similar, or mention a friend's CM who does it and say you like the idea.

HSMMaCM Sun 09-Nov-14 07:41:36

When she sends the texts and pictures does she not say here's dc painting, here's dc at toddlers etc? If not, maybe provide a small diary or note book and ask if she could jot something down? I send notes home with activities done, food, etc. With a new child we often stay home for a while for them to bond though. She doesn't have to write notes, but some kind of communication with parents is important.

LuckyLopez Sun 09-Nov-14 13:14:45

You say 'unless you ask'- so just ask then? Or is this a problem?

DearGirl Sun 09-Nov-14 14:09:35

I am a nanny and do a diary for the baby however I also text throughout the day.

katymason01 Sun 09-Nov-14 20:02:44

My childminder gives me a run through of the day, usually info on where they went, what they ate, nappy changes, anything out of ordinary like he was clingy, grumpy, getting a cold) nap times and length.

PhoebeMcPeePee Tue 11-Nov-14 10:49:36

I do a daily dairy for under 3's & as a parent would ask for the same if my cm didn't provide one. Buy a notebook & ask her to jot down a brief run-down of DC day (ie meals, nappy changes, sleep & basic activities)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now