Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Have to let nanny go

(10 Posts)
Starlight35 Fri 07-Nov-14 12:53:06

Hi, I have to let my nanny go as my circumstances are changing and I will not be needing day long childcare. My kids have come to love her and she has become a part of the family in a short period of time. I took her on on a long term permanent basis. So feeling extra bad of having to let go early, especially towards the end of the year. What's the best way to go about it? Anyone in the kingston/hampton/richmond and surrounding areas looking for a good professional nanny? PS: I offered her the part time job that I would have available but that wont work for her sad

mickkt1 Fri 07-Nov-14 12:59:24

Hi
We are looking for reliable part-time nanny in Surbiton for our 7 year old twin boy/girl and 5 year old boy to start as soon as possible.
Requirements are as follows:
* After school Mon-Fri from 3.15-6.15pm term time.
* Possible optional extra hours over school holidays.
We need a reliable, organised and hard working applicant who has referenced experience working with children and is DBS checked. Duties will include collecting the children from school, collecting from after school clubs, other after school activities, play dates etc. Will also involve giving them their dinner and helping with homework.

All after school activities are within walking distance of the house so own transport would not be necessary.

Maybe a nanny share where she could get the hours from 2 jobs may be an option for her if the hours suit your requirements?

If you are interested you can email me on mickkt1@yahoo.co.uk or call my wife 07717213027 or me on 07951933608. We look forward to hearing from you!

Regards

Mick

ChippingInAutumnLover Fri 07-Nov-14 13:10:47

Starlight sad

Hopefully she will be able to start something new in the New Year, it's not too bad a time to be looking for nanny jobs.

I hope your circumstances changing is a good thing for you and not a bad thing?!

Jinxxx Fri 07-Nov-14 15:12:20

Do you really have to let her go right now? It does seem harsh to lay her off just before all the expense of Christmas, especially as she will not have been expecting this and as a lot of families put off taking on new staff until after the holidays once we come to this time of year. If you could give her time to sort out a job for the new year, that would obviously be kinder.

nannynick Fri 07-Nov-14 16:36:31

Good idea to offer her the part time job but not a surprise thaut it would not work for her, many of us could not cope with a drastic drop in hours/pay.

How long have they worked for you - under 2 years?

Starlight35 Sat 08-Nov-14 00:06:58

Chipping - you think? I hope she gets something soon.

Jinxx - Thanks for the advice.

Nannynick - yes under 2 years.

Mick - Thanks for reaching out. I will pass on your details to my nanny.

ChippingInAutumnLover Sat 08-Nov-14 00:11:16

Starlight yes, it's obviously not as good as looking for a Sept start, but it's right on up there. Families move quite a bit at that time of year, some SAHP's go back to work then having settled the child into Reception for the first term etc. and of course, women who are returning to work from maternity leave will often do so 'in the New Year' when possible to arrange it like that.

butterry Mon 10-Nov-14 22:12:34

Hi Starlight, sorry to hear you have to let your nanny go.

I am also in Surbiton looking for a nanny part-time and if mickkt is closeby there may be a chance to work out a nanny share to give her full-time hours as I only would need someone for the mornings. I will contact mickkt anyway so please pass on the message to see if she would be interested, thank you.

All the best finding someone else your kids will love and fit in well with your family.

butterry Mon 10-Nov-14 22:15:05

Sorry to add I am looking for a nanny for one newborn baby girl and flexible with hours morning till early/mid afternoon around the Maple Rd area, near Surbiton station.

Ktay Mon 10-Nov-14 22:22:39

Commiserations - I am in a similar boat and will have to have 'the chat' with our much-loved nanny this week. I am being made redundant (company closure) and it makes most sense for me to stay at home with DD2 until she starts school. Unfortunately my employers are being utterly shit at giving us timescales/following the correct procedures, which in turn makes it hard for me to give my nanny all the info she will need.

As it happens, we aren't that far from the areas you mentioned and she works 3 days a week...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now