Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Quick bit of last minute advice please - I'm having my fist ever skype chat with a potential au pair

(5 Posts)
MrsFogi Wed 05-Nov-14 19:57:30

- do you usually do this alone or do you involve your dp?
- if they're good do you then arrange a follow up so they can meet the dcs?
- do you make yourself look decent or let them see you in your usual state (in my case very comfortable clothing that I pull on after work)?
Any tips for a first timer?

ClawHandsIfYouBelieveInFreaks Wed 05-Nov-14 21:03:07

Well your DP should be involved if he lives in the same house as you! He's got to share...and she'll be looking after his DC I assume...why wouldn't he be involved?

I would show myself as myself. I wouldn't make an extra effort.

Karoleann Thu 06-Nov-14 13:48:46

I've never had DP on Skype for a first interview, I always do a first interview just with me and then a second interview with the children. DH usually sticks his head around the door at the end.

I always look semi-decent anyway..but don't go to a big effort - although it is a bit off-putting as you can see yourself at the bottom of the screen!

Tips:
Speak slowly and cleary.
Sorry will finish later as DD needs me

Simmy12 Fri 07-Nov-14 17:40:46

Smile and be friendly. Try to be relaxed as possible because there's a 90% the possible AP is having a nervy bee too. I usually do them by myself, then if things go well on the second skype chat I include the kiddies too.

Cat111 Sat 08-Nov-14 15:05:45

I tend to do it with the kids there to see how the ap reacts to them.

I try not to look too much of a fright but not make too much effort either - kind of supermarket casual.

I then try to do a second interview by myself if the ap seems like they might be nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now