Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny share pay

(7 Posts)
Tapestry12 Tue 04-Nov-14 10:08:11

Please help advise. My friend, really not me!! Has been asked to do nanny share for just small part of week with her current family and another one. She knows the 2 other children well, they have regular play dates anyway on the day in question. All children get on famously. So perfect move for the childcate of the children.
Now to the question of gross pay per hour. For four children of two families I am suggesting she ask £13 gross per hour. Each family then pays £6.50 per hour when children cared for together. Both sets of parents are lovely and all earning.
Is this a reasonable rate for Home Counties commuter town?
(Other family were paying £13 gross per hour for their one afternoon a week nanny)

yackity Tue 04-Nov-14 10:22:38

I think its about 40-50% more than the single family rate. You haven't said what that is, so hard to compare.

Tapestry12 Tue 04-Nov-14 10:51:49

Single family is £9 gross

yackity Tue 04-Nov-14 11:09:28

It sounds about right then!

Tapestry12 Tue 04-Nov-14 11:13:30

Thank you.

And thank goodness for MM.

YonicScrewdriver Tue 04-Nov-14 13:50:35

Who will pay her NI?

Tapestry12 Tue 04-Nov-14 14:38:18

Sounds like a minefield. That will be up to parents to sort out. They are employers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now