Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny 3-4 days a week

(6 Posts)
mamidou Mon 03-Nov-14 22:40:12

Hi, we are looking for an experienced nanny for 3-4 days a week, ideally to do afterschool pick up. Can you please recommend few agencies and how easy/difficult is it to find afterschool nannies.

Happy for nanny to do 7-8 hours a day.

We live in Bromley

nannynick Tue 04-Nov-14 09:30:48

Decide if it is 3 or 4 days.
Decide if it is term time only or all year round.
Decide on the hours, thus also the salary.

Then contact local agency and consider doing recruitment yourself via nannyjob.co.uk and childcare.co.uk

Iggly Tue 04-Nov-14 13:10:32

When you say afterschool pick up, I presume you mean that they work in the day as well? Or do you mean pick up then work for 7-8 hours afterwards until say 10?

We live nearby and most parents have used childcare.co.uk

PhoebeMcPeePee Tue 04-Nov-14 13:45:56

You might find 7-8 hours isn't enough for many nannies (although might appeal to NWOC?) so if possible I would consider upping the hours over 3 days rather than 4 shorter days.

mamidou Wed 05-Nov-14 10:04:32

Hi, many thanks for all your replies.

In an ideal world, I would like the nanny to drop off in the morning and then come back at 2pm and work until 7pm.

Otherwise, I am keen in the nanny works from noon until 7pm - hours can be flexible. What's more important is for the nanny to pick up and be with my son until 7pm.

During the holidays, I would like the nanny to work all day but hours can be flexible.

Pay will be depending on experience.

mamidou Wed 05-Nov-14 10:05:17

Iggly, I will consider childcare.co.uk but have registered with an agency as well. Little Ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now