Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Wage slip help nanny

(20 Posts)
eeyore12 Sat 01-Nov-14 18:22:29

Hi please can someone help me on a wage slip problem (have prob posted this in the wrong place but only thread I go on)

I agreed an annual gross amount before starting my new post and it is in my contract, have now had my first payslip and the gross amount is not 1/12 of that annual amount which I assumed it would be???

Should it be in which case why have the nanny payroll company not got it right. I have the correct tax code on the payslip so no br code.

Also as I started on sept 30th I should be expecting that day in this months wages as well shouldn't i? (Although only did school runs not whole 10 1/2 hrs as boss was sick) but was expecting to start that day. Thanks

hollie84 Sat 01-Nov-14 18:27:59

Are you being paid for the actual number of working days that month? So it fluctuates?

eeyore12 Sat 01-Nov-14 18:30:29

Oh I don't know I don't think so, and if I was I have done 15 so far and that is one of the biggest amount of working days in a month I would do so the gross mount would be quite high wouldn't it? Thanks hadnt though of that assumed it would be the same each month so they knew how much they needed to pay me.

Picturesinthefirelight Sat 01-Nov-14 18:30:32

What's the date on your payslip?

My payday isn't the last day of the month it's 23rd, so if we had a new starter on 1st of the month their first payslip would be pro rata for just over a week.

Picturesinthefirelight Sat 01-Nov-14 18:31:52

Also on a computer programme like SagePay you can choose whether to pay employed monthly or 4 weekly.

eeyore12 Sat 01-Nov-14 18:54:31

My payslip says pay date 31/10 tax period month 7 and my contract says salary is payable monthly on the last working day of the month. Thanks

Picturesinthefirelight Sat 01-Nov-14 19:27:42

That's odd then. I would query it

eeyore12 Sat 01-Nov-14 19:36:43

Thanks I will do.

OhReallyDear Sat 01-Nov-14 19:57:43

Might it be that you don't work full time and were given an anual pay for full time job, but you are paid pro rata?

I am not sure that I am clear :D

Cindy34 Sat 01-Nov-14 20:47:08

What other information is on it?

Is there a Year to Date column? Does that just have the same figure as the gross pay this month?

Does it detail hours? Some do not, it may just say Salary xxxx.xx

Sept work should be on it but the payroll company may not have been told you did the work. So query that with your boss.

With it saying Month 7, I would expect the salary to be 1/12th of the annual gross amount agreed. So query it.
Month 7 is correct for it being October as Month 1 is April.

eeyore12 Sat 01-Nov-14 21:05:48

Hi I do only work three days but asked and got the actual wage I would be earning in the contract not a full time amount and the pro rated written, so the amount in my contract is the gross for three days

Yep year to date column has same amount at top as the salary xxxxxx column.
I did wonder if they had put the amount including employers ni as the amount in my contract but nope even adding that on doesn't make up the nearly £200 missing.

I will ask about the sept day too, they prob didn't mention it to the payroll company and could poss be hoping I don't notice.

Thanks again everyone

Cindy34 Sat 01-Nov-14 21:06:22

How does it match with what you have physically been paid?
If you look on the payslip at the Net amount, is that the amount they have paid into your bank account?

Are they using childcare vouchers? If so, the net amount on the payslip should be more than the amount put into your bank. The net pay amount - the childcare voucher value, should be what you were paid, with the rest coming from the voucher company (it can be a bit late in arriving sometimes).

How much difference is there between the gross salary on the payslip and the gross salary you were expecting? Maybe knowing that figure will help to work out what may have happened. Means you don't need to tell us your salary, just what is missing.

nannynick Sat 01-Nov-14 21:16:43

Sounds weird. If figure is a bit below £200 a month then that is a bit below £2400 a year. So you need to get it resolved quickly.

nannynick Sat 01-Nov-14 21:26:08

Childcare vouchers is usually £243 or £124, though could be any amount.
Are you aware of them having any other funding, college, taxcredits, vouchers? Maybe they thought that figure did not get included.

eeyore12 Sat 01-Nov-14 21:39:57

The net amount and the amount in my bank account are the same. They can't pay me in vouchers yet as ofsted haven't processed my application yet (sent me another invoice today for the fee which I paid a month ago but that's another story)

Once that goes through they will both be using vouchers and then topping it up with 'cash'

Yes it is approx £200 short of what is 1/12 of the amount in my contract.

They won't be happy if they end up needing to pay me more esp this month when they can't use pre stocked vouchers and have missed a day off anyway.

Cindy34 Sat 01-Nov-14 21:48:39

So not vouchers. Maybe they just told the payroll company the wrong amount.

OhReallyDear Sun 02-Nov-14 08:59:24

eeyore, if you are sure that the gross divided by 12 and converted to net is £200 higher, they have no reason to be upset, they knew it would be that amount. ;)

eeyore12 Sun 02-Nov-14 09:53:27

The gross amount in my contract divided by 12 is about £200 more than the gross on my payslip so the net will be a little less than that. I know they should know how much it should of been but going by my first month with them, If the payroll company told them that it would be the amount they paid me this month and it turns out to actually be more they aren't going to take it well

eeyore12 Mon 03-Nov-14 16:53:58

So boss spoke to payroll company and yep they had used my net day rate she told them as my gross day amount so added up short, they will re do and I will get the extra at the end of this month.

Cindy34 Mon 03-Nov-14 17:46:14

Good to hear you have found out what the problem was and have got it fixed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now