Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

before school childcare

(10 Posts)
Janeyaney79 Thu 09-Oct-14 10:20:51

Hi all
I've got two daughters (14 months and 4) who are in childcare while I work. My current job is flexible so I can do drop-offs and pick ups etc. It can be a bit rushed, but no different to any other working mum. I am usually the one to take my older daughter to pre-school so that's nice.

I'm being interviewed for another job soon and, although I may not get it, if I did, the current arrangements wouldn't work. I want to have someone come to the house between 7 and 9 am to give the girls their breakfast and drop them off at nursery and school.

Do you think I'd get someone to do this? Is this a really unusual part-time role?

Thanks

Greenfizzywater Thu 09-Oct-14 11:21:04

Common thing to need, you'd probably need to offer a higher hourly rate to reflect the fact that it's only two hours. If you could extend it to four hours with some cleaning/ironing might get more applicants. Try childcare.co.uk

Iggly Thu 09-Oct-14 13:07:07

I don't think you will find someone. Can your DH help out?

glenthebattleostrich Thu 09-Oct-14 13:08:42

What about a childminder?

nannynick Thu 09-Oct-14 13:14:17

2 hours is not that attractive to many people but it might suit someone.

What about school holidays, inset days, snow days?

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Sat 11-Oct-14 19:22:21

Maybe a nanny with own child would be interested especially someone who has a child at your children nursery or school or works after school for someone else.

ProudAS Mon 27-Oct-14 07:05:12

What about a student?

ARobinson78 Mon 17-Nov-14 16:35:52

I'm in the same situation, looking for help with early morning ( 7ish to 8ish) pre-school drop-offs for my 2 kids (2&3.5 yrs) starting from next September 2015. As they're pre-school age I don't think childminders would be interested. Any ideas? Very stressed about it!

ARobinson78 Mon 17-Nov-14 18:59:13

Janeyaney79, did you find a solution?

longjane Mon 17-Nov-14 21:20:40

I do something like this now and then
how it works for me and the others that do the same thing.
For me it fits in as i do bits and bobs But i don't have to do the school run child gets the bus.
The others have a day job that they can get to after school bus has come.

If you can't find anyone like me or the other who just need abit of money. Now and then.
you to need get them cleaning / batch cooking. .

Shopping. House hold tasks.
it really depends where you and what kind area you live in.
because they would have to be local to you
as travel cost are so expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now