Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Waiting for my log in details then I can start cypop training

(3 Posts)
springandbunnies Thu 03-Apr-14 18:52:11

Scared and excited

JW37 Fri 04-Apr-14 23:03:26

I'm just finishing mine. Halfway through the safeguarding task and then I'm all done thankfully! It's taken me just under 3 months to complete with a full time job and 2 kids. Do you have childcare experience? I have none and have found the course really hard to do online with little help except the course book that I had to find myself! Home based childcare - Level 3 unit cypop 5 by Sheila Riddell-Leech. It's really helped me. I've also got the children and young people's workforce early learning and childcare book by Penny tassoni. Also good but you don't really need both.

I have found the assignments so vague with no actual idea what they really want or what length they should be. I have ended up mainly regurgitating whole chunks out of the books (in my own words of course!) but it seems to have worked as I have passed all the assignments first time so far.

Good luck.

LyndaCartersBigPants Fri 04-Apr-14 23:43:56

I found it all really vague too, I did It online with Pacey. The tasks and assignments are all hidden away in little folders and I never knew if I'd actually completed a task until I got the mark back!

I consider myself to be reasonably intelligent but I really struggled with getting into this course. It just wasn't intuitive at all and seemed to skip backwards and forwards all the time, giving you half the information online, then having to look in the book for the rest.

It took me several months to complete too, working around 3 DCs and a PT job, but I could have done it quicker if I'd been a bit more enthusiastic organised.

Only just got my DBS check through after 3 months though! The police dragged their heels and it took several attempts to chase it before it finally arrived, so at last I can get registered and start earning! Make sure you apply for this in good time to avoid waiting.

OP, good luck with it. None of it is difficult as such, it's just badly organised, so make sure you are methodical and ask your assessor exactly what is required if you're not sure. Mine was very helpful and made sure that she pointed out anything I missed. It wasn't possible to fail the course I took, as you got as many chances to update and improve any of your tasks as you need, so no pressure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now