Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Any CM's just do wraparound care?

(4 Posts)
PhoebeMcPeePee Tue 01-Apr-14 13:58:20

Does anyone only childmind before & after school children? How do you find this works for you financially & logistics / wear & tear of having larger numbers of older children after school everyday.

I really enjoy the one day a week I have off 9-3 and find managing schoolies so much easier without little ones to watch so considering moving towards just wraparound as my youngest mindee starts nursery in September then school next year. We don't have any before & after school childcare options so I'm constantly turning away enquiries & if I was full (6 spaces) would earn similar to having 3 little ones all day.
Any thoughts?

realitygone Tue 01-Apr-14 18:44:41

I only do before and after schoolers.

I charge £15 a day and have 4 on my books for each day, so it adds up financially.

I cook meals which means we get to eat earlier rather than after they've all gone home which is nice.

I would miss my day time if I took another on in the day.

VeryStressedMum Tue 01-Apr-14 18:52:18

What about the holidays would you have them all day?

PhoebeMcPeePee Tue 01-Apr-14 20:26:10

All bar one of my mindees are teacher's children or go to holiday clubs (high cm rate locally doesn't make sense for older children who can attend much cheaper all day clubs). I would consider year round if it was just 1 or 2 days a week or offer some sort of holiday booking form for ad hoc cover as I do take 6 weeks during holidays anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now