Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Hi sent of booking form and money to become a child minder

(6 Posts)
springandbunnies Mon 31-Mar-14 18:14:29

How long till they contact me

JW37 Mon 31-Mar-14 19:10:30

I'd love to know that too. Just about to finish my cypop 5, have my dbs done, my first aid done and just waiting for my health questionnaire to come back then I can apply.

I guess though that nobody will know because they only changed the rules again in Feb so you should be registered in 3 months not 6.

Good luck.

springandbunnies Tue 01-Apr-14 14:04:29

I heard from them wink
Should receive log in this week to start my cup op

LyndaCartersBigPants Tue 01-Apr-14 14:28:43

Wow lucky you JW!

I finished my CYPOP and first aid last year, but I've been waiting nearly 3 months for my DBS, it's stuck in the system and no amount of chasing seems to be speeding it along sad

I waited until I'd finished the course to apply for it, so if you can Spring, apply for it before the end of the CYPOP in case it is delayed. Apparently 90% of DBSs are returned within 4 weeks, I'm just 'unlucky'.

Good luck with it all, hope you get it all sorted asap. Is your CYPOP with Pacey? I found it really confusing I must admit - all the little mini tasks and assignments - and the whole site is not very intuitive. I'm an intelligent person and I really struggled to find what I needed to do for each section!

springandbunnies Tue 01-Apr-14 14:47:22

Hi
Hope u hear soon
Yes with pacey have just received my first bookletswink
Will be able to start cypop very soon

LyndaCartersBigPants Tue 01-Apr-14 21:56:30

If you have any problems just send your assessor a message, mine was very good at explaining exactly what was needed or prompting if I'd left something out so that I knew where to improve any tasks that I didn't pass first time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now