Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

knewbie nanny needs advice/contract

(8 Posts)
Schamp123 Sun 30-Mar-14 21:16:15

I have just accepted a job as a nanny to start in a few months. I am due to meet the parents to go through a contract.

Can anyone offer some advice on what I should have included in this as it is my first time being a nanny? confused

I am also looking to join a nanny group in the burgess hill area?

ConfusedPixie Sun 30-Mar-14 22:37:50

I can't link as I'm on my pad but have a Google of example nanny contracts UK. You'll find loads and they're worth having a look through to get an idea of how contracts are laid out, what they include and so on. Off the top of my head I think that the main things are hourly gross rate, how you will split holiday and your duties. Though somebody will be along soon to add other bits in sure smile

I work nearish Burgess Hill but can't meet with my charges. I'd be happy to meet after work or during the week on my days off though smile I love in Brighton.

Get the job offer in writing too smile

Cindy34 Mon 31-Mar-14 11:17:56

Could the parents email you a draft contract? That may be better than meeting with them in person, as will give you some time to read what they have put and look things up so you can decide if you need to negotiate any particular points.

Consider what duties you will do, won't do, may do.
Consider how much holiday you will take, how flexible you will be as to when you take it. Any particular times of year you will always want off.

NomDeClavier Mon 31-Mar-14 20:16:59

I agree - get an email draft and ask on here and also the nannyjob messageboards for advice.

NomDeClavier Mon 31-Mar-14 20:22:15

I agree - get an email draft and ask on here and also the nannyjob messageboards for advice.

NomDeClavier Mon 31-Mar-14 20:45:18

SpringBreak Tue 01-Apr-14 11:16:02

sick pay is also something you should look at and be aware of.
Make sure you understand what the holiday provisions are so you're not left surprised with no holiday by the end of May

Schamp123 Thu 03-Apr-14 17:34:29

Thank you everyone I will definitely ask for a draft contract and get a job offer letter.

There is so much to look into!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now