Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders expecting my ofsted inspection soon

(5 Posts)
MJP1 Thu 27-Mar-14 21:39:17

Hi I'm very nearly a registered childminder whoop whoop, am expecting my ofsted phone call to come and inspect me very soon ( well I certainly hope so as I've been waiting ages, everything is passed, done and checked)
Has anyone got any tips for the inspection visit?
Should I be joining Pacey now and have my insurance sorted? Will ofsted expect me to have this even though I haven't started minding yet?
Should I get rid of ( I mean get grandma to come and take my 13 month old out for the day? )

Thank you in advance lovelies x

ZuleikaD Sat 29-Mar-14 07:26:55

I would keep your 13mo with you. Don't get insurance until you start minding. Have all your paperwork ready for inspection - risk assessments for your house and all the places you go, certificates (eg paediatric First Aid), all your policies (double check that you have the ones the childcare register and the EYFS require), sample permission forms etc.

looselegs Thu 03-Apr-14 20:04:56

Morton Michel is much cheaper for insurance.You can also use your own paperwork/contracts etc whereas with Pacey you can't.

PhoebeMcPeePee Thu 03-Apr-14 21:37:35

If it's just your initial visit (ie not your full time inspection) I would actually say no children is best if possible. It was mainly sitting at the table chatting, looking over paperwork & walking through the house (minding areas only) for safety check etc and I would have found it far more difficult to take everything in with a child to entertain. Full inspection then children are essential as they want to see your interaction with mindees.

JW37 Fri 04-Apr-14 22:54:46

I'm about to send off my application to Ofsted. Apparently in February the rules changed and it should take no longer than three months for me to be registered. How long has it taken you to get to this point?
Thanks
Jayne

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now