Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Agencies now law!!

(4 Posts)
adsy Thu 27-Mar-14 10:08:25

Only just found out that the agencies have been given assent which means they are now law.
Bollocks to it.
One thing though, apparently individual childminders can set up their own agency. Does that mean we can be an agency of just one?
I'm very very reluctant to ever give agencies my support but just thinking ahead to if / when they become compulsory.
I really hate that woman right now!

HSMMaCM Thu 27-Mar-14 10:18:11

I think they might find lots of people asking if they can have any agency of 1 if they make it compulsory smile.

I have no intention of joining and I am keeping a close eye on the progress of these changes, as I will do anything to avoid it (even pay £300 per year Ofsted inspection fee, or whatever it will be).

Bonkerz Thu 27-Mar-14 12:16:52

Agencies have been passed by the government for start in September. The trials haven't even been that successful and you DONT have to join them so they are not law! You can remain Independent but there isn't alot of information about how much we will have to pay ofsted to be inspected (suspect around £200 per year ) but then we have to pay training too.

HSMMaCM Thu 27-Mar-14 12:35:56

Adsy did say she knows they're not compulsory yet. I am trying not to bury my head in the sand, because I'm sure we'll be informed they'll be compulsory at some point in the future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now