Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

New childminder

(3 Posts)
KateF Tue 25-Mar-14 12:48:57

Hi, I am a newly registered childminder looking for a bit of advice from more experienced people. I have read most of this board while doing all my training and it has been invaluable so thanks to all the people who take the time to post smile

I am going to be caring for 2 and 6 year old sisters from 2.30-7pm each day. The 6 year old has after school classes every day so the little one will mainly be collecting her sister and my 9 year old from school, dropping and collecting from clubs and playing at home or in the park in between, having tea and bath and winding down ready for collection at 7 (dad wants to be able to put them straight to bed when he gets home). I am wondering how much EYFS I am expected to deliver in what is essentially after-school care?

HSMMaCM Tue 25-Mar-14 14:55:31

You will have the 2 yr old for 4.5 hrs per day. If you are having her for more time than anyone else (is she at nursery/pre school), then you will be doing the bulk of her EYFS work. Some pre schools only have children 3 hrs per day and have to do all their EYFS work.

You should find it happens naturally, but school runs can be a real dead time, if you don't fill them with songs, trips to the park, etc.

KateF Tue 25-Mar-14 15:47:59

Thanks, she doesn't go to pre-school yet so I'll be responsible for the EYFS. I did think that would be the case so I'll have to plan carefully to use the time we have well. I'm just aware that all the in and out of the car doing drop offs and pick ups takes more time than you think it will! And she needs to eat and have a bath-lots of songs and counting bath toys I think grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now