Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Best childcare option for us??

(2 Posts)
thedrunkenduck Sat 22-Mar-14 19:23:39

I work shifts and will be going back to work part time next February.

I know people may think I'm thinking through these things too early- but I want to work out what to do!!

I would prefer to have a nanny- tend to be the most experience, happy to fit in our routine and not to mention care from our own home. However, after paying a nanny the going rate I will be left with roughly £100 a month- nothing to worry about financially but I'll be left feeling I'm not really contributing.

Or do we go for a nursery or childminder, have more free cash but the care we don't really "want"?

nannynick Sat 22-Mar-14 19:40:57

Can you give some idea of what the shifts are? What time you need to leave home, arrive back home. How much does it vary day to day, week to week, month to month - is it a rota that changes or fixed?

Is there just you, or do you have a partner? Can they care for their child during any part of any day?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now