Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

I am going to go for child minding

(16 Posts)
springandbunnies Sat 22-Mar-14 18:46:37

Did webinar last week
Going to fill out booking form and pay
Excited

MaryPoppinsBag Sat 22-Mar-14 19:13:25

What are you paying for?

Bonkerz Sat 22-Mar-14 19:16:55

Agree! What exactly are you paying for? Your first step with childminding is a DBS check then first aid course. Once that's done you do your LA approved course and then apply to OFSTEd!

springandbunnies Sat 22-Mar-14 19:52:15

12 week online course cpop
First aid course
Safety course

ElectricalBanana Sat 22-Mar-14 19:59:36

Who is this with?

The first aid needs to be face to face hands on, 12 hrs and Ofsted approved.

nannynick Sat 22-Mar-14 20:04:04

Are you in Hampshire? They do things online, see here for some useful links to things to help with the online course provided via PACEY.

If you have not been told to do the online course by your local authority, I would check with them first, as I think the requirements for registration still state that courses must be approved by a local authority.

Bonkerz Sat 22-Mar-14 20:18:06

The guideline for LA approved course will change in September so you should be fine as it won't need to be approved and it will take longer than that to register.
Check with your LA as they should have funding for the cypop.
Costs should be £60 first aid
£53 DBS and £170 cypop ISH

Are you going through an agency?

springandbunnies Sat 22-Mar-14 20:21:35

Not sure why all the questions
Just telling people that I am going to take the jump
Attended free webinar last week
Then they emailed booking form
Just saying that I am taking the plunge

TippiShagpile Sat 22-Mar-14 20:23:13

Everyone's just trying to help/give you the benefit of their w. Sidon.

Up to you whether you listen or not.

TippiShagpile Sat 22-Mar-14 20:23:57

*wisdom, even. Doh.

springandbunnies Sat 22-Mar-14 20:36:35

I firstly contacted local authority
Who told me to go through pacey
Which I am
Going for it now as no subsides after April 1st

NickNacks Sat 22-Mar-14 20:42:45

Wow. You're a barrel of laughs aren't you!?! hmm

ElectricalBanana Sat 22-Mar-14 20:45:46

Just didn't want you to waste money if it was a scam... But hey ho!

nannynick Sat 22-Mar-14 20:46:06

Plus save you money as some local authorities may have funding available to use before the end of the month as it is near end of financial year - you never know, though funding is much reduced these days.

In Surrey it seems as though the training course is £25. First aid is not subsidised in Surrey, so costs around £120. So different local authorities do different things, some are able to fund some aspects of the registering process.

Good luck with doing the courses. First Aid is quite enjoyable usually - the trainers who do the paediatric courses try to make it fun.

nannynick Sat 22-Mar-14 20:53:43

So you signed up to the course directed to via your local authority before the 1st April, so that some of it is funded. Great smile That is exactly what we like to hear.

You will be amazed at the number of websites out there offering training courses which are worthless. People have been known to do courses, get jobs in nurseries or try to register as a childminder, then find out their training is worthless. However much we may moan to the course providers, trading standards, OfQual, there is nothing that can be done to stop these online course providers.

You will find we are often very nice on here grin once you get to know us and we get to know you. So do feel free to share bits of information about yourself - not your credit card and pin number smile - as you may well benefit from the many years of experience regular board posters have in various childcare fields - be that as childminders, nannies, nursery workers and owners, plus of course get the parents view on things which can help you in setting up your business.

springandbunnies Sat 22-Mar-14 21:32:35

Thankyou smilesmilesmilesmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now