Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

how do you find a childminder?

(7 Posts)
mymiraclebubba Thu 20-Mar-14 22:08:13

nursery fees put my going back to work completely out of the ball park but i really want to be able to earn my own pennies, am thinking a childminder would be a better and possibly more affordable option but have no idea where to start - can anyone help?

Cindy34 Thu 20-Mar-14 22:18:34

Local authority Family Information Service. They can send you a list of registered childminders in your area.

mymiraclebubba Thu 20-Mar-14 22:21:16

ohh thanks will see what i can find out

mymiraclebubba Thu 20-Mar-14 22:35:19

we don't have an FIS for our area according to our county council website sad they have a database but there are only 2 registered in my area and they are both full. Back to the drawing board

RockCrushesLizard Thu 20-Mar-14 22:43:59

I found mine on www.childcare.co.uk - they all advertise on that round our way...

mymiraclebubba Thu 20-Mar-14 22:44:42

thanks will try that one tomorrow grin

who knew it was such a nightmare to find childcare?!

Mimishimi Fri 21-Mar-14 01:08:28

Ahhh, it's been a complaint for quite a long time! You might not find a childminder to be as cheap as you would like if you live in an area with high demand. Because so few can afford to provide it in premium areas, their going rates can sometimes even be a bit higher than a nursery (because they offer more one-on-one care).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now