Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

If you charge for meals, how much is reasonable.

(8 Posts)
CrazyBabies Wed 19-Mar-14 10:14:04

I occasionally offer dinner for a child who needs it twice a week as he is here until late. I currently charge at £1.50, but this child eats a lot and likes snacks as well! I offer home cooked food and am finding I spend a lot each week on food.
I have been asked to provide lunch each day for a 1 yr old and 3 yr old. I don't know what I should charge but these children also eat lots.
I include snacks in my daily rate of £4.25.
Please can you give me an idea of pricing.

Bramshott Wed 19-Mar-14 10:15:45

My CM charges £1 for lunch and £2 for dinner. HTH.

minderjinx Wed 19-Mar-14 10:51:40

I charge the same as a school lunch for a main meal. As it happens, school meals are pitiful! I give the children the sort of meal I think they SHOULD get at school, and I don't think anyone could reasonably argue that I should be able to do things on a tighter budget than the LA with their bulk buying power.

insancerre Wed 19-Mar-14 13:20:21

in our nursery we charge the same as a school lunch for lunch 2.20
snacks are included on the fees

DrowningOnSchoolRun Wed 19-Mar-14 16:54:54

I don't charge extra but my rate is a bit higher than yours. I claim £3 expenses a day for a full day child which = snack, sandwich, snack and tea...probably costs me more than that though!

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Wed 19-Mar-14 20:10:15

My cm includes in daily cost that's breakfast, cooked lunch and tea usually a sandwich n fruit oh n a snack mid morning. Previous cm did the same.

HSMMaCM Wed 19-Mar-14 20:17:34

I found it easier to include in my daily rate, so I didn't have to refund for absent children, argue about lunch boxes, etc.

PhoebeMcPeePee Wed 19-Mar-14 23:38:59

I have a higher hourly rate & include food/snacks but for the purposes of my expenses I claim back 50p per snack, 80p for breakfast, £1.20 for lunch & £2.20 for evening meal (ie £5.20 per full day child) so would charge the same if I wanted to desperate hourly rate & meals.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now