Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Ofstead regiistration confussion

(7 Posts)
chelc1979 Tue 18-Mar-14 19:15:05

There seems to be some confusion with our nanny becoming Ofsted registered and just wondered if anyone who has been through the process could make sure its going through properly as in she's done everything that she should have ....

Our nanny has completed the CR1 form online & submitted it. Her DBS check has been paid for & submitted, the ID has been verified at the Post Office & sent to Capita for them. Copies of the Paediatric First Aid & Qualifications sent off, Insurance taken out. When does the Ofsted registration fee need to be paid? I thought it was at the beginning but she said its not been requested. She also thinks she shouldn't have submitted the CR1 before applying for an updated DBS check.

Obviously I'm in the dark as she's done it all herself & cant advise her

NomDeClavier Tue 18-Mar-14 20:31:06

Was the DBS done via OFSTED? That would indicate they are in the process of registering her.

chelc1979 Tue 18-Mar-14 20:43:01

Yes I believe so There was information sent in a letter or a link in the email from Ofsted after she completed the initial CR1 form, so was done via the ebulk process. I was just worried as I haven't paid the Ofsted fee yet?

Cindy34 Tue 18-Mar-14 21:27:23

Does the online system give any idea of where in the process the application has reached?

Have not used the online system, when I registered they used paper.

My suspicion is that they will send an invoice when they require payment, which can then be paid online or over the phone.

chelc1979 Wed 19-Mar-14 07:59:03

Last time she looked it was being processed by a member if staff. That was before the DBS verified documents were sent off after she'd applied for the DBS online.

She's managed to lose the gateway ID & it won't let her log on as it's requesting the security token that ofsted gave her but she has no idea what that is? Would be do much easier if employers could do it for them lol

Pinkpartysprinkles Thu 20-Mar-14 14:39:32

I'm pretty sure you don't pay until it's all done and they send an invoice. Gateway ID or not the website is not easy to use, if she has a query I'd suggest phoning them as they are really helpful when you can talk to them directly.

chelc1979 Thu 20-Mar-14 15:10:47

Hi yeah we've spoken to them & they said an invoice had been sent out even thought the DBS is still being done. So at least we can get that paid n sent back smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now