Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nursery/childminder vs drop in crèche

(5 Posts)
mamijo Tue 18-Mar-14 13:27:21

Would you as parents be happy to leave your child in a safe and secure drop in crèche?
How much would you be willing to pay per hour?
What would be your ideal type of child care in an emergency?

Forgettable Tue 18-Mar-14 13:32:22

Its not ideal for the child, they need to form long and lasting bonds with few caregivers/familiar people, separation anxiety and all that

Would work for very young FF babies or older children say over three or so, imo

nannynick Tue 18-Mar-14 13:45:40

A friend of mine runs a sucessful nursery which has sone places as PayAsYouGo. Gets repeat customers for the PAYG so staff get to know the children. PAYG I think is around �6 an hour in Berkshire.

minipie Tue 18-Mar-14 16:06:04

There's a drop in creche near me. it charges a lot! (quarterly or annual membership fee, plus an hourly rate of �10 which is equiv to the local nanny net hourly rate).

Yes I would use it for 16 mo DD, but only for very occasional use. Too expensive to use it more often.

My ideal type of emergency childcare is called Granny and luckily lives 5 minutes away grin

edwinbear Tue 18-Mar-14 21:08:03

Have a look at Little Herons in Canary Wharf. They are an emergency childcare nursery. ds and dd used to go to their 'sister' nursery in CW, so I would use them. They charge £90 a day a believe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now