Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Does anyone apply for these crazy sounding jobs?

(10 Posts)
bbkl Sun 16-Mar-14 10:58:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mrswishywashy Sun 16-Mar-14 12:11:27

A true professional nanny would not take this position however we are in a tricky position as there are people who take these positions and of course it effects the whole market. I wish the government would get harder with in home staff for fairer conditions for all along with offering more support for family childcare. A few years ago I went for nearly 50 interviews as a nanny but decided to stay self employed as a maternity nurse as I had 18 families not want to pay tax and a majority of them all said they had found someone to that was happy to work without paying tax. There needs to be some kind of regulation in fact all it woul take would be someone to trawl through the online sites and with investigations I expect 75% of jobs online would then disappear.

bbkl Sun 16-Mar-14 13:03:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

expatinscotland Sun 16-Mar-14 13:08:39

Gnu tree should ban such ads.

drinkyourmilk Sun 16-Mar-14 16:04:16

Yes. I'd say that was the case bbkl

mrswishywashy Sun 16-Mar-14 17:01:11

Yes, very true bbkl however you will probably have to not look at hundreds of "nannies" who don't meet the grade as well.

barewith Sun 16-Mar-14 20:37:40

My favourite advert has been for a NannyMothers Help/Housekeeper/Groom....for at least 50 hours per week plus 2 night s babysitting....neadless to say this advert apeared with at least 5 different agencies aswell as Gumtree.
I also spotted an ad that offered food and skyTv as an incentive..again this was on Gumtree.

Karoleann Sun 16-Mar-14 22:23:29

gumtree are quite good and if you contact then - and say the salary is below min wage - they will delete the ad.
There needs to be some clarification on the "au pair" job and "live in" status as people are being exploited.
Minimum wage exists for a reason and expecting people to do a nanny job for £100/week is not on.

Yerazig Mon 17-Mar-14 09:56:20

Well I've just been looking at job for myself on gumtree. Just see a job posted 3 days ago by barnet nannie agency clearly In the job ad advertising a job and saying its cash in hand. If angncies aren't following any rules. What hope does anyone have.

confusedalways Tue 18-Mar-14 07:52:43

I naively took a job from gumtree when I was young and had no clue what was reasonable. I ended up working 60+ hours a week sole charge for £130 a week no tax being paid. shock Stayed there for a year god knows why! They were awful people as well treated me terribly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now