Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CRB checks

(4 Posts)
moomin35 Sun 16-Mar-14 10:08:00

Are these free to do? How do you go about getting CRB checked?

insancerre Sun 16-Mar-14 11:23:44

they are now called dbs checks and cost £58

Cindy34 Sun 16-Mar-14 15:58:00

How to get one depends on if you are a childminder or a nanny.
If a nanny and you are not going through Ofsted registration as a home childcarer, then contact a nanny agency and ask if they can process it for you, there will be admin fees.
As a childminder, details are provided when you register. If you need a check for an assistant, contact Ofsted and ask what the current process is.

Cindy34 Mon 17-Mar-14 09:18:37

If it is to do with a childminder application, or assistant, then details of DBS checks is in the to registration on the Early Years Register.pdf Guidance to Early Years registration document. There are two different codes to use, so make sure to read about which code should be used for your situation.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: