Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

where do you look for good babysitters?

(5 Posts)
AdeleNazeem Thu 13-Mar-14 23:02:57

my daughter's a teenager now, off doing her own thing ... so it's been some time since I've needed a sitter!
But, I'm back at uni now and in need of extra cash, and I'm great with kids, a qualified teacher and a parent myself, so thought a couple of evenings babysitting a week would be great, (I'm often sitting for friends but wouldn't like to go charging them!)

so where do people find good babysitters? I thought about cards in local shops, libraries... but where else? Any recommended websites, publications, agencies? I'm in north London.

apotomak Fri 14-Mar-14 12:43:15

I work through sitters.co.uk. It's totally flexible and works for me. It's a bit of a faff to register as you need to attend an interview but once that's done you're up and running.

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Fri 14-Mar-14 18:29:11

Maybe start out with sitters and safehands network and build up as good reputation and then also advertise privately

NomDeClavier Fri 14-Mar-14 19:12:42

Register on various sites and see what comes up.

AdeleNazeem Wed 19-Mar-14 19:20:33

thanks all smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now