Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Looking at becoming a child minder

(8 Posts)
fairyhellokitty Wed 05-Mar-14 14:53:22

What do I need to do

HSMMaCM Wed 05-Mar-14 21:49:55

Contact your local authority early years department

NickNacks Wed 05-Mar-14 22:24:20

And maybe learn some manners? hmm

fairyhellokitty Thu 06-Mar-14 08:41:38

Thankyou so very much

Cindy34 Thu 06-Mar-14 09:25:22

Do a lot of reading on here and other forums about the day-to-day things that a childminder does. The paperwork for example, doing business accounts, typical costings and how to price your service.

Your local authority will have an introduction session, then have a course/or provide details of one. It can be a long process, 6 months plus.

fairyhellokitty Thu 06-Mar-14 10:47:59

Thanku Cindy

fairyhellokitty Thu 06-Mar-14 11:29:07

I phoned pacey they sent a link hv filled out contact form they r sending me info pack

Cindy34 Thu 06-Mar-14 11:38:38

Do contact your local authority, as I think it is still the case that many need you to do their particular course, not the PACEY one.
Plus your local authority may have some funding available (not much hope but you never know) for training courses.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: