Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Becoming a CM and moving house

(3 Posts)
runningLou Mon 03-Mar-14 15:03:53

We are due to move house in the summer (re-locating to Manchester) and I am resigning from my current job. Seriously considering training as a CM as career option after we move. I know most of the courses are provided by local authority but is there any training it's worth doing now, or will new LA ask me to do their courses over again?

Lucylouby Mon 03-Mar-14 22:06:11

I moved area about three years ago and was already registered from the old area and my new area didn't ask me to do any new courses. They were quite happy that I was already registered. Things may have changed since then though.

busyDays Tue 04-Mar-14 13:08:37

I would start the process rolling now as it can take a while to become registered. If you manage to get your registration in place before you move then you should have no problems. Just call up the new LA and tell them you are already registered and they will accept you without needing to go through the whole thing again. If you don't get your registration in time for the move then you may have to restart the process but you shouldn't need to redo all the training. You could definitely do the CYPOP5 course now as it can be done by distance learning and should be accepted by all local authorities. Try either PACEY or MNT Training.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now