Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childcare only register - do I need the health declaration form?

(5 Posts)
LyndaCartersBigPants Mon 03-Mar-14 09:59:51

Just that really, it doesn't seem to mention it in any of the paperwork I've been looking at, but then people mention it when listing expenses incurred with starting out as a CM, so I wasn't sure if it was something that only EYFS CMs have to get, or whether I need to get on it.

Don't want to waste the £40 if I don't need it!


nannynick Mon 03-Mar-14 16:40:59

Are you registering to care just for children aged 8+?

LyndaCartersBigPants Mon 03-Mar-14 21:13:21

No, over 5s too.

nannynick Mon 03-Mar-14 21:30:30

As far as I know that will need full registration, so health dec needed if providing care at your home (childminder).

Check with the regulator.

LyndaCartersBigPants Thu 06-Mar-14 20:52:19

Thanks for that nick. I called Ofsted to double check and they said it's not necessary if I'm not taking under 5s. Saved me £40!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: