Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

petrol money

(3 Posts)
chaz123 Wed 26-Feb-14 14:13:06

Hi I am a Nanny and work part time. On Mondays I do a full day, and on Tuesdays and Thursdays I drop off at school, then drive back to my house [approx 10 miles away]. Then I drive back for the school pick up. If the children are ill on Tues or Thurs I am on call, so am unable to do any other work on those days. So technically I am working. I was wondering if I am entitled to claim the petrol money to and from my house between the school runs, as its costing me a fortune, My boss wouldn't want me to do full days at her house on Tues and Thurs as this would take me over my contracted hours. Phew I hope that all makes sense! Thanks.

eeyore12 Wed 26-Feb-14 15:06:17

If you are on call ie not able to find other work on those day for your free hours than they should be paying you some kind of retainer if not your full wage.

With regards petrol money you could ask them to contribute maybe not the full amount you get for normal mileage maybe they pay for one way or at least the amount of miles it would be for you to return to their house and then back to school.

Cindy34 Wed 26-Feb-14 16:59:05

No you can't claim between your house and their house or school. You can claim for their house to school and back again.
So on a school day there would be two claims of house to school to house.

If you are 'on call' does your salary that that into account?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now