Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Other Au Pairs in Cornwall?

(8 Posts)
CornishHen Sat 22-Feb-14 14:01:41

Does anyone know of any Au Pairs in Cornwall? We have a lovely Spanish Au Pair who arrived three weeks ago. She's going to college in Truro but where we are is REMOTE - between Penzance and St Ives - and I am worried she'll start to feel isolated and lonely and ultimately leave. Cruddy weather isn't helping. We're getting her insured for the car so she will be mobile. If you do know of any, please get in touch.

Carroty Sat 22-Feb-14 15:58:44

Hi, there are lots of au pair groups of facebook, not sure if for Cornwall but definitely for the UK in general...so perhaps your au pair can join them and ask around if there's anyone in Cornwall smile.

CornishHen Sat 22-Feb-14 20:59:36

She is looking on Facebook but no success as yet for groups in Cornwall. I've been furiously searching online for local networks for nannies or au pairs, but no joy. Her Spanish au pair friends in Andover have a heap of networks to tap into which unfortunately emphasises our remoteness. I think I'll try calling a couple of au pair agencies in Truro tomorrow and ask if they know of any groups; they may not help as she didn't come via an agency. Thank you though, for the advice.

joannaneville Wed 26-Feb-14 17:08:17

good thinking cornishhen and good luck!!

unusual that there is nothing on Facebook

Marylou62 Wed 26-Feb-14 17:50:51

I read this message when posted and didn't reply as didn't want to be negative, but as an older nanny in Cornwall I have found it quite isolating. Friends I did make at the beginning all went back to work. I am not working at the moment, when I do (anyone need nanny with 30+ years experience!!), I would be happy to meet up and introduce her to a few younger nannies I know. Don't know ANY au pairs. Hopefully she will make friends in college.

CornishHen Wed 26-Feb-14 22:20:47

Hello MayLou62. Good to hear from you. And a very kind offer. It would be great if you could meet with her and introduce her to younger nannies. Could you PM me and I can give you my details and my Au Pair's details.

CornishHen Wed 26-Feb-14 22:26:41

Oops. I meant MP me.

Gabriela4 Thu 20-Apr-17 12:30:06

I am a German Au pair in Saint Agnes and I've been also desperately looking for other Au pairs in the area but couldn't find anyone. I would really like to meet up with your Spanish Au pair if she is still here in Cornwall. :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now