Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Is there demand for weekend childminders?

(14 Posts)
jussi Sun 16-Feb-14 22:06:49

That's it really. Thanks. Am based on the south coast in case that's relevant.

JinxyCat Tue 18-Feb-14 09:22:56

I live in London and could do with one day a month childcare...as both DH and I work full-time and I seem to have no time to do anything at all.

Not sure if that helps, but if there was something reasonably cheap that I could do I would definitely be keen!

chocoshopoholic Tue 18-Feb-14 09:27:55

Still TTC here but as 2 shift workers over 7 days we think we'll be stuck with nursery attached to DPs work, although I'd prefer a childminder to nursery. Opposite side to the south though

NannyK7H Tue 18-Feb-14 09:33:17

I have friends who are both fire fighters, and they used a childminder on weekends during shift change overs. My MB also mentioned that she would like to know of a weekend childminder for when I'm not around (if I go away etc).

Jinglebellsforthebetter Tue 18-Feb-14 09:49:52

I would use one as it would maximise my job prospects - I think the kids would be rather sad though.

ThePigOfHappiness Tue 18-Feb-14 10:00:55

Due to shift patterns our cm will take our girls at weekends. If is very informal though and we try to ask family first

longjane Tue 18-Feb-14 13:23:05

If you going to overnights

It expect there would be market for fri and sat night sat /sun morning if you are in area where people go out a lot.

bigwellylittlewelly Tue 18-Feb-14 13:32:55

Yes
yes
yes.

hell yes.

we're East Anglia but I'm looking into a Saturday morning childcare arrangement so I can work and DH work on the house we're renovating.

Millionprammiles Tue 18-Feb-14 14:16:04

Yes if overnight on offer, sometimes we'd like to attend weddings, funerals etc together instead of taking it in turns. Lots of local CMs do evenings but not overnights.

PaulaAtMummyKnowsBest Tue 18-Feb-14 16:57:59

I offer weekends and overnights as a childminder but there doesn't seem to be much call for it (at least not in Hertfordshire!)

tinyturtletim Wed 19-Feb-14 08:14:21

bigwelly

I am east anglia and offer weekends, where are u? Pm me

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Wed 19-Feb-14 15:46:18

Think it def depends on area I used to do alot of weekend nanny work in Leicester and Rutland but over past few years less call for it or maybe I don't actively look now however requests for wedding nanny work has increased.

bigwellylittlewelly Sun 02-Mar-14 11:51:23

tinyturtletim I can't pm you but what would you charge?

We're looking at paying £10 an hour for two children at our house 9-1, we'll be around in case of emergencies but the DC can't join in with what we're doing.

Tanith Sun 02-Mar-14 13:04:03

In Surrey here. We've always been open at the weekend, and do overnight care.

Hardly ever get asked, though. I think parents prefer to save money by staggering their working hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now