Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Has this been discussed on here?

(6 Posts)
rollonthesummer Fri 14-Feb-14 19:39:11

www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/10637641/Childcare-minister-proposes-30-pupils-per-minder-to-help-save-on-costs.html

Just wondered your thoughts! I'm a teacher and can't imagine the ratio of 1:30 doing anything other than proper lessons-it would be a logistical nightmare! Trying to do lessons at 5.30pm would be fun!!

Sounds like childcare on the v v cheap to me sad

Runoutofideas Fri 14-Feb-14 20:11:14

It is completely ridiculous - along with most things the crazy woman comes up with!

southeastastra Fri 14-Feb-14 20:13:24

i was a playworker and trained and qualified when the then government wanted afterschool clubs and holiday provisions to be professionally staffed, now that was a complete waste of time according to this government.

apotomak Sat 15-Feb-14 12:58:44

There is a local afterschool club with 30 children and 2 adults in a room. It's very popular because they're very cheap (£7.50 until 6pm) but it is total chaos. It's so loud in there the women have to shout all the time. It's just too many children of different ages in one not so big room. They all have different needs which are not being met. Truss should visit there to see how (dis)organised that is with double the adult ratio to what she suggested.

stomp Sat 15-Feb-14 15:42:51

Childminders are being very vocal about this on twitter and fb. It ties in with the Childminder Agency idea that no one wants especially now that we understand agency childminders will not be inspected or graded by Ofsted. It also reflects on Goves plan to change teachers contracts- but of course he lost one. However the government seem hell bent on introducing these changes- Truss is (especially) not listening to anyone.

Paintyfingers Sun 16-Feb-14 00:38:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now