Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Any Cornwall Nanny jobs?

(4 Posts)
Marylou62 Fri 14-Feb-14 18:01:16

I am nanny, just been made redundant and have been looking for about a month now. Where are all the babies?! I have 30 years experience!! Been offered job in pasty shop but want to work with children...

GoldiChops Fri 14-Feb-14 19:59:25

I'm from Cornwall, in all my years of looking for jobs I never saw a single nanny position. After years in nurseries, hotels and creches at minimum wage with terrible hours I moved to London and nanny here. Only way I could move out of my parent's place! Not many people in Cornwall earn enough to consider a nanny. Bristol is the closest place that had a few jobs, and Bath.

DreamGirly Fri 14-Feb-14 20:00:58

I to had to move out of Cornwall and am now Nannying in Surrey. Not a great place for Nanny's unfortunately sad

Marylou62 Fri 14-Feb-14 20:15:15

Goldichops, I came to be a nanny in 1984 and in 2007 started being a nanny again (after getting made redundant from caring for children /babies with life limited illness) I have had 3 jobs and never been out of work.
DreamGirly, I am already thinking of working 3 days in London/Bath/Surrey and coming home w/ends. My own kids grown up. And DH works nights.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now