Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders - How much do you charge per hour...

(13 Posts)
TheThirdHare Thu 13-Feb-14 12:59:37

... And does this depend on how many kids you are looking after? E.g if you are only looking after one other child (perhaps your own!) do you charge more? I'm in the South-West in case rates vary by region.

HSMMaCM Thu 13-Feb-14 13:32:54

Berkshire Thames valley £50/day

Includes nappies, food, outings, etc.

minderjinx Thu 13-Feb-14 14:55:16

I doubt many would charge more for only having one child, as that might well change. I guess you could charge more if you were sure you wouldn't take on any more. I would charge more if I only had one child because their parents wanted an early start or late finish, but that's more about time than numbers. It's a bit of a waste of time asking what other people charge as what you can charge depends partly on the local going rate, partly on the local level of demand and partly on what you can offer to make your service more attractive than your competitors'.

TheThirdHare Thu 13-Feb-14 15:37:54

Thanks for your replies!

Stephwhite21 Thu 13-Feb-14 15:43:28

How much would the average childminder charge p/h?

youbethemummylion Thu 13-Feb-14 15:52:10

mine charges £4 per hour in the North East I provide packed lunch but do not need to pay extra when she takes them on trips which she does very regularly, farm/soft play/museum/cinema or for any treats such as ice creams etc.

caz05 Thu 13-Feb-14 17:55:56

I surrey most I looked at charged between £5-7 per hour depending on what was included.

almaradlu Thu 13-Feb-14 18:31:52

South Wales and I charge £3.65. Currently care for after schoolers but when I cared for all ages this would includes food, drinks(except formula , baby jars and nappies -I provided wipes), toddler groups, outings, treats and anything else I chose to do with the children.

littone Thu 13-Feb-14 18:38:37

In Hampshire I pay £5 per hour for before and after school care. Our lovely childminder charges a lower rate, I think around £4.25 per hour for babies pre schoolers.

nilbyname Thu 13-Feb-14 18:52:50

Somerset here, £3.50/hour which is reduced to 3.30 if you have siblings. Includes all food and outings, but not nappies, wipes and formula of required.

£3.50-4.50 I'd the range round and about.

Stephwhite21 Fri 14-Feb-14 10:43:31

Thank you that is a big help smile

CheesyBadger Fri 14-Feb-14 16:51:41

I charged £4.00 an hour as that was what the others in the area charged but I needed to charge extra for after school meals, which I didn't. If I start up again in the future I am definitely going to be more business like about it all

TwittyMcTwitterson Sat 15-Feb-14 10:30:40

Northampton CM are 3.50-4 per hour. Some charge extra for activities. Some don't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now