Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Orbit = having a lot of problems

(4 Posts)
minderjinx Wed 12-Feb-14 09:24:02

Does anybody else use Orbit for observations? I started last year, had a trial period and it worked well, and have now moved all my children over to it, but have had no end of problems since New Year. A lot of the time I can't even get on to the system. Other times it is deadly slow, and repeatedly freezes or crashes. I spent over three hours last night trying to upload 4 photos, and one of those is upside down, for no reason I can see, and apparently no way of putting it right. I am so worried I am going to lose all the work I have on there and have to start again. There's no message on there to say the site is having problems, but I am not having any problems with anything else on my tablet or laptop. Anybody having similar problems, or have any suggestions?

dobby2001 Thu 13-Feb-14 00:17:23

Orbit have had problems, along with other online sites, from spammers overloading the servers, which forces the website to deny service. There IS a message on their news page explaining that, and they posted lots of updates as to what they were doing to sort out the problem, on their Facebook page. They niw have an alternative web address which should,d work fine www.orbitapplications.com
HTH

minderjinx Thu 13-Feb-14 09:27:09

Thanks Dobby. I hadn't spotted that the news section had been updated. The problems certainly predate the "news" so I hope it is all connected and not a different problem. I will try the other web address after the kiddies go home.

dobby2001 Thu 13-Feb-14 11:06:05

Apparently there have been intermittent attacks to them and other online services before. They have now reported to the police. I fine the new pages works better grin
Oh you will get a security warning when you try and log onto that page, it is because the ID is not recognised, but it is safe to carry on to the page.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now