Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Anyone used babydays?

(19 Posts)
goldie81 Sat 18-Jan-14 00:05:13

Anybody any experience of babydays?

kimmills222 Sat 18-Jan-14 11:32:21

What are you talking about? Are you asking for childminders, nursery or preschool experience. Please elaborate your question so that we can provide better feedback.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sat 18-Jan-14 11:34:48

Goldie - I was just coming on to ask exactly the same question!

I have a friend (Ofsted registered cm) who uses it and she raves about it. However, I am a cm in Wales and have to comply with different rules and regulations so I'm not sure if it would be as beneficial to my business as it is hers.

If anyone knows, I'd be very grateful to hear about it!

goldie81 Sat 18-Jan-14 13:10:45

I'm a cm & wanted to use in my setting but heard rumours that ofsted didn't especially like. Suppose could print it all off 4them.
Was just wondering what it's like for using etc & if parents like it

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sat 18-Jan-14 13:15:04

I just posted on a different childminding forum about it and they removed my post because it had 'babysdays' in the title!

goldie81 Sat 18-Jan-14 22:26:45

Oh really?! How can we get round this? Just want to know whether or not to bother!

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sat 18-Jan-14 22:48:36

My friend has been using it for a couple of years and says it's brill. She claims to be not the most organised but this helps to her to keep on top of things.

Also, I suppose, if they're still trading, they must be doing something right and Ofsted are maybe coming around to this paperless way of working.

Nnnnnnn Sat 18-Jan-14 22:56:21

As a parent whose childminder uses it, I like it. I like to see the photos added during the day and I think it makes my childminder look professional. It gives me an insight into what milestones they are looking for which I may not otherwise think about. My only gripe is that my email notifications are very hit and miss.

goldie81 Sat 18-Jan-14 22:56:31

Well maybe I'll look into doing a month & seeing what's what!

dobby2001 Sat 18-Jan-14 23:04:15

Try Orbit instead. Offers very similar tracking facility,including parents being able to view and contributi , and it is free. Www.orbit.so
The forum that removed your referance to babysdays, did so, as they have had trouble with people posting spam threads about that company. They also have a policy of no company having too much free advertising, although you will find plenty of general discussions about software in general.
Hth

mrsnewfie Mon 20-Jan-14 19:38:03

I used it for a while and found some bits good and other bits quite confusing. During my inspection, I was told that it didn't allow for the children to see and speak about themselves in photos, thus hindering their speech and language development!!
You can do a trial before you buy but be aware the minimum contract length is one year.

FumblesandFrolics Mon 20-Jan-14 19:50:32

Hi, I'm a parent whose cm used to use it. I really liked it, in particular I still like to look back at the early days and see how far my lo has come.

It took a bit of getting used to, but far easier than going back through a notebook, and I think my cm found it easy as she could quickly and easily update things throughout the day, or upload photos quickly without a printer.

moppymarker Mon 20-Jan-14 23:57:50

ive had it for 6 months and havent managed to get to grips with any bit other than the expenses and invoicing element.

Im on the waiting list for the training.

I think the main prob i have is that the books are open on my shelf and i jot in them as the day goes on. i do not have a computer on all day, so updating it adds a task at the end of the day rather than save you one iyswim?

Twinklestarstwinklestars Tue 21-Jan-14 08:01:59

I use it and know of childminders whose got outstanding that use it. I find it brilliant and saves a fortune on printing and buying forms

Goldmandra Tue 21-Jan-14 08:08:49

There have been some interesting threads on this forum about it when they've tried to advertise by stealth and been called on it. Given their reaction and unwillingness to answer certain questions. I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

There are questions about where the children's information is stored and how safe it is given that it is on a server, rather than on your own PC.

It's your responsibility to demonstrate to Ofsted that the information you give them is secure.

HSMMaCM Tue 21-Jan-14 08:33:06

dobby2001 - do you use Orbit? Someone suggested that to me the other day.

dobby2001 Tue 21-Jan-14 23:49:47

Yes. Its very good for a free app. My only problem currently, is that they don't have an Androidapp. Having just changed from an old iPhone to newer android, I have to save making note until I am on the computer :,( they have been saying the android version is coming but so is Christma! I would be happy to pay a fee for extra features, but it covers general recording and jobs very well.

navyeye Sun 23-Nov-14 11:14:40

Hi, anyone looking for any feedback on Babysdays should read my blog to see how they have treated me as a customer that has been with them for 3.5 years smile babysdaysreview.blogspot.co.uk/

Tanith Sun 23-Nov-14 12:00:44

Another good alternative is Tapestry. It's a learning journey rather than a bells and whistles one but, frankly, I'd rather not put information such addresses, contracts, finance etc. on someone else's system - especially when that person rudely refuses to answer basic security questions (previous, since deleted, exchange on here with him).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now