Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Any au pair meet ups in the Brighton area?

(9 Posts)
CobOnTheCorn Wed 07-Aug-13 09:34:04

Hi, a lovely au pair arrived to stay with us this week and I know she'd like to meet other local au pairs. She is 19, from Germany and her English is excellent.

I have pointed her towards aupairsinuk.com and the au pair Facebook page and thought I'd ask here too.

Thanks

ConfusedPixie Wed 07-Aug-13 19:39:27

No clue but I'm a 24yo nanny in Brighton and always up for meeting for a coffee or something, especially now I will actually have time smile

Get her to check meetup.com, there are foreign languages grips on there (no childcarer groups though) the nanny job meet a childcarer section isn't too good for Brighton unfortunately or is suggest that!

CobOnTheCorn Wed 07-Aug-13 20:25:01

Thanks Pixie. I'm sure she'd like to meet someone else to talk English to.

We're new to Brighton so we're not that helpful with regards to recommending places to go etc.

I'll PM you.

ConfusedPixie Wed 07-Aug-13 20:34:24

Oo, new to Brighton ey? You'll have to come to our next mn meet, they are a good laugh smile

iluvkids Wed 07-Aug-13 22:11:58

pixie .. i know 'of you' from nj

anyway im a nanny, not in Brighton
but, wondering if youve heard about the color run

happening in brighton on sep 14...

are you takin part ? or do you fancy it ?

(u can walk..dont have to run..its two yr olds to 90 yr olss ..each mile u get covered in colors)

CobOnTheCorn Thu 08-Aug-13 07:39:01

Hi Pixie I'd love to come to the next meet up. I have a young baby so the recent one was too early for me to escape.

Be nice to meet some 'real' mners.

ConfusedPixie Thu 08-Aug-13 08:46:12

iluvkids: I remember it being mentioned on NJ in the past though haven't done it myself, I can't do events like that for health reasons so I just let the information go straight through my mind when I do see it I'm afraid! Will mention it to DP, I might drag him along and let him do it wink

Cob: Awesome, I'll add you to my list of locals for the next one, which is actually nil atm as my phone broke and it was on there hmm! We like babies, babes in arms are always welcome! It's just not really suitable for older children smile

AngelainBrighton Tue 14-Mar-17 19:45:46

Hi Mums with au pairs -
I have a lovely nineteen year old au pair who started in Jan this year, from NZ, who would love to meet similar friends in Brighton. She enjoys shopping more, clubbing, netball, cinema etc. I'm not sure how this works but if you have an au pair willing/wanting to make a new friend then please let me know!
Thanks

underneaththeash Tue 14-Mar-17 20:28:38

sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but there are two very active au pair groups on Facebook with several hundred members. If she just types in au pair brighton she'll come across them.

Hope she settles in well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now