Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Argh!!!

(8 Posts)
MrsPotato Wed 31-Jul-13 08:03:59

I've not been paid AGAIN by a family who've just jetted off on holiday.

FFS

Should I text them on the first day of their break?

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Wed 31-Jul-13 08:15:17

Yes! That's an arsehole of a trick and they've done it on purpose. If I were you Id text them that you won't be providing them with childcare when they return. How shitty of them!

MrsPotato Wed 31-Jul-13 08:19:31

And of course it's a friend! It's not a massive amount but still. I can't give them notice as I need the money...

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Wed 31-Jul-13 09:40:57

And that's why they're taking the piss. angry on your behalf. You should defiitely look to finding another mindee and in the meantime, txt them and let them know you need the money transferred asap as you rely on it...since it's your WAGES. I hate this kind of behaviour.

EasterHoliday Wed 31-Jul-13 11:09:01

was it actually due? I got quite annoyed by our nanny phoning and texting on the first day of our holiday to ask about her pay - which wasn't due for 3 more days and had been sent by transfer for the correct day, as always.

MrsPotato Wed 31-Jul-13 11:26:00

Of course it's due, I wouldn't be so cross otherwise!

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 31-Jul-13 13:04:31

Def text and say if money isn't in your bank account by today you will be charging them any charges if you go overdrawn

I have this written in my contract as a nanny

If you are a cm then make sure you amend your policy's and say that hefty charges of £20 day will be added for every day late

And how rude of them !!!!!

HSMMaCM Wed 31-Jul-13 15:53:15

Decide if you want to give them notice or not. If they say anything like 'but I thought we were friends' you can reply 'yes, that's why I was so surprised you didn't pay me!'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now